To be eligible for a JA Scholarship a student must meet the following criteria:
• You are a senior that completed a JA program under the direction of your teacher and a JA Volunteer;
• You are actively working to prepare yourself academically for admission to a two or four-year college, demonstrating your academic potential through your commitment to your classroom work and assignments;
• You plan to obtain an associates or college degree and enroll in the fall of 2018;
• You were an active participant in your JA program and can clearly demonstrate in words through an essay the benefit derived from the program and its impact on your decisions to further your education.
The JA Scholarship application will include the following:
1. Scholarship Application completed and signed by student.
2. Three-page (maximum) essay on your JA experience and the program’s impact on your decisions to further your education and to explore a career.
3. A written recommendation from your Teacher or JA Volunteer.
4. An official transcript including all grades and extracurricular activity participation during high school.
5. A signed statement that you plan to attend college in the fall of 2018.
6. While a student may not yet know where they will attend college at the time they apply for the scholarship in their senior year, confirmation of enrollment will be required prior to check disbursement.