HCC Business Pitch "Shark Tank" Competition Form
Ready to take a plunge into the Shark Tank?
Have an idea for a business and want to compete against others for $5,000 in prizes?
This event provides students with the opportunity to pitch their business idea to a group of judges (a/k/a sharks) to win prizes. Competitors in the EI @HCC “Shark Tank” will be preselected from the top-ranked submissions received. The proposals will be evaluated based upon their uniqueness, feasibility and the ability to impact people and society. No more than 7 teams will be chosen to compete in each of the EI@HCC Shark Tank competitions, which will be held at the Dale Mabry Campus on Saturday, October 26, 2013 @ 3 p.m. (as part of the Veterans Entrepreneurship Training Symposium), and on Friday, November 15, 2013 @ 10 a.m.
EVENT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Submission of the “Business Pitch” application (see below) must be made by October 24th, 2013.
• Submissions may by individual or team.
• The “Business Pitch Application” (BPA) must identify the ways in which the venture is unique, what problem it seeks to solve or discuss, and/or what gap in the marketplace it seeks to fill.
• The BPA should describe the target market, including the value delivered to the target market.
• The BPA should identify and address any potential challenges to delivering this product or service.
• The BPA must be no more than two (2) pages in length. All content in excess of two pages will not be considered.
• Presenters have five minutes to speed pitch the idea. Followed by the judges (a/k/a sharks) having an opportunity to ask you questions about your presentation.
• The top competitors will receive prizes. (Although you do not need to be an active HCC student to compete, in order to utilize the prize money, you must be an enrolled HCC student. In addition, certain restrictions and requirements will be explained to the winners about how the funds are to be disbursed. Competition winners can only use prize money toward the business idea pitched.)
Team member #2
Team member #3
HCC Student ID
PLAN TO ENROLL
Enter Business Name and Description (Value Proposition)
Please describe your business or business idea
If you have additional information to share, please attach a file
Please select which event(s) you would like to be considered for.
I want to be considered for the Veterans Symposium on October 26 (must be a Veteran or active duty service member)
I want to be considered for the November 15 Business Pitch
HTML Contact Form