2017 YALSA Young Adult Services Symposium Program Proposal
Libraries: Helping All Teens Build a Better Future
Libraries are in a unique position to support the needs of teens as they take their first steps towards their future. They provide an opportunity for teens to explore their identity; learn about the larger community and their place(s) in it; pursue their passions; investigate career options; create positive change; and more. Join us at the 2017 YA Services Symposium as we explore the many ways that libraries and library staff can help ensure all teens, especially those with the greatest needs, are prepared for college, careers, and life.
Louisville, KY, November 3 -5, 2017
Call for Program Proposals: A program will last approximately 90 minutes and will take place between 8am and 5pm on November 4 or 8 am and 12 pm on November 5, 2017.
• All session proposals must be received by February 1, 2017.
• All applicants will be notified if their program was accepted or not the week of March 15, 2017.
• All presenters must register at the reduced presenter rate ($69) for the Symposium by September 1, 2017
• All presenters must fund all their travel costs to the symposium.
• Only one session proposal per person will be accepted.
• For questions, please contact Nichole O’Connor at email@example.com or 1.800.545.2433 x4387