Foundation of the State Arboretum Participant Guidelines
1. The Foundation of the State Arboretum of Virginia (FOSA) is sponsoring Nature Nurtures this Fall. Participation is by invitation only and this event is held RAIN or SHINE. The event is Saturday October 13, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2. The Foundation will provide Vendor space, a watering system, and toilet facilities. Beyond these measures, FOSA, the University of Virginia, Blandy Experimental Farm and the State Arboretum of Virginia assume no responsibility for any liability arising from Participant activities at Nature Nurtures 2018 and assume no responsibility or liability for materials, equipment, or other items brought by Participants to the Arboretum in association with Nature Nurtures.
3. Participants must provide their own exhibit tents, chairs, etc, unless otherwise arranged. We prefer you supply your own table(s), but we have some available (see application). Sales exhibits or booths, items for sale, and signs must be confined to the assigned area. This includes but is not limited to tent stakes, trailer hitches, ropes or tie downs, and cookers. Booth sizes may not be exceeded. Penalties for exceeding the booth size will apply and will be assessed on the field. No booth sharing or swapping is permitted without prior approval from FOSA which will be decided on a case by case basis.
4. PLEASE NOTE: A Certificate of Insurance must be provided by vendors who are selling goods or services, listing the Foundation of the State Arboretum as the certificate holder. The certificate must show commercial, general liability coverage with limits of liability not less than $1 million dollars. Exhibitors and Nonprofit vendors, who are not selling goods or services, will be exempt from the Certificate of Insurance.
5. SETUP: Participants must setup on Friday, October 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. During setup, please look for dashes of paint marking electric and phone lines. You must be at least two feet away from the painted markings before driving tent stakes, poles for birdhouses, or art etc. into the ground. Participants MUST BE open for business at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. All vendors MUST BE OPEN until 4 p.m.. Note: Please take great care with vehicles and other equipment to assure that the Arboretum grounds, trees, and plants are not damaged.
6. TAKE DOWN: Vendors/Exhibitors may begin take down at 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 13. All Vendor/Exhibitor materials must be removed no later than 1:00 p.m. on Monday, October 15.
7. FOSA reserves the right to direct Vendors/Exhibitors to withdraw for failure to abide by these guidelines and to refuse entrance to future events.
For further information or clarification, call Roberta Johnson, the Vendor Coordinator at 540-722-2989 or the FOSA office at 540-837-1758 extension 246. All parties participating must sign and date these guidelines: I have read the vendor agreement guidelines and agree to abide by the conditions set forth therein. I agree to pay all fees, and provide a Certificate of Insurance to FOSA.