Foundation of the State Arboretum Vendor/Exhibitor Guidelines
1. The Foundation of the State Arboretum of Virginia (FOSA) sponsors Garden Fair each Spring. Vendor/Exhibitor participation is by invitation only and this event is held rain or shine. The event is Friday, May 12 from 5-7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, May 13-14, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2. The Foundation will provide Vendor space, a watering system, and toilet facilities. Beyond these measures, FOSA, the University of Virginia, Blandy Experimental Farm and the Sate Arboretum of Virginia assume no responsibility for any liability arising from Vendors/Exhibitors activities at Garden Fair and assume no responsibility or liability for materials, equipment, or other items brought by Vendors/Exhibitors to the Arboretum in association with Garden Fair.
3. Vendor/Exhibitors must provide their own exhibit tents, chairs, etc. We prefer you supply your own table(s), but they can be rented from the Arboretum (see application). Sales exhibits or booths, items for sale, and signs must be confined to the assigned area. This includes but is not limited to tent stakes, trailer hitches, ropes or tie downs, and cookers. Booth sizes may not be exceeded. Penalties for exceeding the booth size will apply and will be assessed on the field. No booth sharing or swapping is permitted without prior approval from FOSA which will be decided on a case by case basis.
4. Vendors agree to sell only propagated plants, and not to sell any wild collected plants. Additionally vendors agree not to sell any plant species, or cultivars thereof, that appear on the current print view vendor list titled “Landscape Plants that are Alien Invasive Species in Virginia.” (Vendor Packet with this list can be found on our website.) Recognizing that sterile cultivars of Alien Invasive Plants are being developed, we will make exceptions to the above with prior approval. Submit requests to Kim Strader (firstname.lastname@example.org) for exceptions one month prior to the sale date. Submissions must include the complete plant name along with research documentation proving the plant is sterile. Additionally, the vendor must display a sign stating that this is a sterile cultivar. Failure to receive prior approval will result in the vendor being requested to remove the plant from the sales area.
5. Food and beverage sales are permitted only by special agreement from the Garden Fair Committee.
6. PLEASE NOTE: A Certificate of Insurance must be provided by vendors who are selling goods or services, listing the Foundation of the State Arboretum as the certificate holder. The certificate must show commercial, general liability coverage with limits of liability not less than $1 million dollars. Exhibitors and Nonprofit vendors, who are NOT SELLING goods or services, will be exempt from the Certificate of Insurance.
7. SETUP: Vendors/Exhibitors may setup on Thursday, May 11 from Noon to 4:00 p.m. and Friday, May 12 from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Food vendors and those with oversized vehicles and/or trailers or vehicles with more than 2 axles must setup on Thursday to ensure event field access. During setup, please look for dashes of paint marking electric and phone lines. You must be at least two feet away from the painted markings before driving tent stakes, poles for birdhouses, or art etc. into the ground. Vendors, EXCEPT Food Vendors, MUST open for business at 5:00 p.m. on Friday for Preview Night. All vendors WILL BE OPEN 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. each day.
8. TAKE DOWN: Vendors/Exhibitors may begin take down at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 14. All Vendor/Exhibitor materials must be removed no later than 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 15.
9. All trailers and vehicles must be removed from the exhibit area by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12. There will be no exceptions. Note: Please take great care with vehicles and other equipment to assure that the Arboretum grounds, trees, and plants are not damaged.
10. FOSA reserves the right to direct Vendors/Exhibitors to withdraw for failure to abide by these guidelines and to refuse entrance to future events.
For further information or clarification, call Roberta Johnson, the Vendor Coordinator at 540-722-2989 or the FOSA office at 540-837-1758 extension 246.