2013 YOUNG REFEREE OF THE YEAR NOMINATION FORM
South Dakota State Soccer Association
submit by October 12th
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
The individual may be nominated and selected as the Young Female Referee of the Year and Young Male Referee of the Year for extraordinary accomplishments as a young soccer referee if the indivdual:
(1) waas certified as a Federation referee during the seasonal year immediately prior to the seasonal year for which the individual is being nominated;
(2) is certified or being certified as a Federation referee during the seasonal year for which the individual is being nominated;
(3) during those two seasonal years, refereed games primarily for the South Dakota State Soccer Association; and
(4) did not reach 19 years of age prior to that August 1 immediately before the beginning of the seasonal year for which the individual is being nominated.
The four nominations are listed below. Select only one category.
Select one category:
Young Female Referee of the Year
Young Male Referee of the Year
Complete information below. Fields with an asterisk are required.
Responses to each of the following 3 criteria should be kept to a maximum of 400 words each.
(1) Personal Development
How and when did the referee get involved with soccer? How has the referee's involvement with soccer shaped his/her character? Does the referee display moral and ethical behavior on and off the field? What steps has the nominee taken to improve upon his/her knowledge of the game?
(2) Promoting the Game
Wht steps has the referee taken to further advance the game and all who participate? Does the referee participate in soccer outside his or her positionas a referee (i.e. player, coach or volunteer)? Has the referee created relationships within the soccer community to promote the game? Be specific.
Promoting the Game:
(3) Involvement in Community
Has the referee demonstrated leadership within the community? Give examples. What other activities, aside from soccer, is the referee involved in? What impact has his or her involvement had on the community?
Involvement in Community:
Relation to Nominee:
City, State, Zip
Submit this Nomination form by October 12th
This nomination form should be submitted by OCTOBER 12TH. Along with this form, email the following to email@example.com:
(1) A soccer summary of the nominee
(2) At least one but no more than three letters of recommendation.
The winners of each of the 55 State Associations will be forwarded for regional nomination and possible national nomination as the 2013 US Youth Soccer Coach of the Year in each of the four categories. Regional nominees will be honored at the 2014 US Youth Soccer Workshop in Phildelphia.