• General Type Scholarship
• Scholarship is available to all genders and races
• Student must be a United States citizen or legal United States resident
• Student must be an incoming first-year or continuing college student
(***Note: Scholarships are awarded only to students who have not earned their first bachelor’s degree or a professional degree***)
• Student MUST provide actual course schedule.
• Academic Merit (applies to both incoming first-year students and continuing college students): Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent for high school graduates and college students). Official proof must be provided.
• Student must be at least 17 years old
• Student must have high school diploma or GED
• Student must indicate written demonstration of “The Coward Character”
o What is “The Coward Character”?: Students who have overcome obstacles related to health, family, social, educational, or economic disadvantages are encouraged to apply. Any circumstance that shows strength of character and potential for achievement should be stated in application.
• Student must indicate written demonstration of “A Servant’s Heart”
o What is “A Servant’s Heart”?: The selecting committee considers not simply a student’s community service, but more importantly, the impact your service has had on a particular individual or group. The committee considers volunteerism, service learning, field-work or internships that show civic responsibility and engagement.
• Student must indicate written demonstration of leadership
o Students who demonstrate experience leading groups and providing direction to others including teaching, training, organizing, managing, and carrying more responsibility on the part of a group or organization. Being held in high regard by one’s peers for being a role model through actions and deeds; and making improvements and achieving successes with or on behalf of others.
• Student must indicate written demonstration of church involvement (i.e. consistent attendance, tither, active in church ministry, etc.)
• Students must provide at least two (2) letters of recommendation (non-relatives): teacher, community official and/or other professional. (***Effective 2018-2019 School Year***)