Berea Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL)
i. Interlibrary loan allows MCPL customers to borrow materials from other libraries. Interlibrary loan requests are for items that the library does not own or will not purchase. Guidelines for borrowing are as follows:
1. Customers may have 5 active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
2. The library will not request items that are less than 9 months old.
3. The library does not guarantee delivery time on interlibrary loans. A minimum of 2 weeks per request should be allowed.
4. Any charges made by the lending library will be the responsibility of the customer. Customers will be notified of any charges before the materials are ordered.
5. The library will not interlibrary loan materials owned by MCPL, unless the item is assumed lost, missing, or long overdue.
6. There will be an overdue charge of 50 cents per day per item on all ILL materials. There is not a cap on these charges.
7. There will be a $3.00 charge added to the customer’s account if an ILL the customer requested is not picked up.
8. ILL records are kept for 3 years.
9. Items that cannot be borrowed may be considered for purchase
ii. MCPL will loan materials, regardless of format and free of charge, to other members of the OCLC consortium. Replacement costs may be charged for items that are not returned in a timely manner or are damaged.
Name (last, first)
Library Card Number
This Item is for:
Large Print Book
Book on CD
Author (or Artist or Starring)
Publication / Release Date
ISBN/ISSN, if known