GUEST PLAYER ALLOWANCE
What it IS
• This allowance is a tool for coaches to use to ensure they have enough players and/or substitutes at a game so that the game doesn’t have to be rescheduled, thus eliminating the work involved for coaches to reschedule.
• The tool is not a guaranteed answer to all scenarios, or to last-minute changes in player availability, but if planned for and used properly, the allowance should minimize the need to reschedule. In cases where the allowance can’t be applied, coaches are still able to reschedule matches.
• Maximum number of guest players in a match is three.
What it is NOT
• If the team has enough players and substitutes to play a match, the guest player allowance is NOT to be used.
• This allowance is NOT a tool for coaches to use to “stack” a roster with “ringer” type players just because the allowance exists or just because there is room on the team to still be under/within the maximum roster size.
• The tool is NOT to be used to gain a competitive advantage.
ABUSE of the spirit or letter of this allowance will not be tolerated and will be dealt with harshly. Iowa Soccer will monitor guest player requests and impose strict penalties in the event a coach or club is found to have been abusing or finding ways around the allowance.
Do NOT abuse the spirit of the allowance in order to gain a competitive advantage in your game. Abuse of the allowance will result in strict penalties. The allowance’s intent is to help take the burden of rescheduling off volunteer coaches; having up to three additional player options to add to your team so that a match can be played as scheduled is the foundation of the allowance. In the spirit of fair play, the allowance is guided by replacing a “like player” with a “like player” and, only in the event you need guest players.