Essay Practice in Preparation for the JWPE
The following prompts are designed to provide practice in writing the 5-paragraph essay in preparation of the Junior Writing Proficiency Examination (JWPE). Complete this form and attach your essay for review. We will send our comments to you within 3 business days. For more information and resources, please visit the Writing Center's Organization within Blackboard. If you have questions, send an email message to email@example.com.
Your 5-paragraph essay should consist of an introduction, 3-body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Here are some helpful tips to remember when writing:
* The answer to the question you select should serve as your thesis.
* Try to construct relevant ideas (at least three) to support your thesis.
* The thesis statement should be clear, limiting (at least three ideas in support), and debatable (takes a stand).
* Write the entire essay without stopping.
* Go back, read the essay to be sure that you have written what you wish to convey.
* Finally, make sure that you proofread and correct grammatical errors.
8-digit Student ID
Do not enter your social security number or dashes.
Have you registered for the Fall 2013 Junior Writing Proficiency Exam (ENGL001 in WebSIS)?
Morgan Email Address
Confirm Your Email
Which essay topic did you select?
How will a Morgan education help you achieve your goals in life?
What will your total Morgan experience be? (i.e. Sports, Student Government Association, Deans List, Christian ministry, etc.)
What is the significance/importance of sporting the natural hair look?
Do you think study abroad is necessary to be successful in businesses of any kind?
Why don't young African Americans vote?
Why are so many African Americans incarcerated compared to Caucasians?
Is there a real "war on drugs"?
Does the faculty of Morgan State University genuinely care about their students?
Upload your 5-paragraph essay here in Microsoft Word format. Please be sure to include your name, student ID, and the topic you selected on your paper.