Ma’ayanot iPad Hardware and Usage Agreement
Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School has legal title to the property at all times. The user’s right of possession and use is limited to and conditioned upon full and complete compliance with this agreement, the Student User Agreement and School Technology Policy.
Loss or Theft
Should an iPad be damaged, lost, or stolen the student or parent/guardian should immediately notify the school. If an iPad is stolen the student/guardian should file a police report as soon as possible. If the iPad is lost, stolen, or totally damaged as a result of irresponsible behavior, the parent may be responsible for the full replacement cost. In the event of a lost or stolen iPad and once a police report is filed, Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School, in conjunction and with police, may deploy location software which may aid the police in recovering the iPad. Students who cease to be enrolled in Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School must return the iPad, along with any other accessories, at the time they leave the school. The iPad and all accessories should be returned to the Technology Department.
Damaged iPads and Insurance
Each user is required to purchase iPad insurance through Ma’ayanot as an annual fee in the amount of $60. Any damage must be reported to the school immediately. At that time school we will determine if damage is accidental or due to negligent behavior. School iPads are issued with an extended warranty. This provides coverage for up to two incidents (with deductible) of accidental damage (manufacturer’s defect, mechanical failure, accidental drop, cracked screen) for your iPad, and the battery.
Full Cost Damage
If the iPad is totally damaged, lost or stolen as a result of irresponsible behavior, the parent or guardian will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the device.
1. First accidental damage occurrence ($49): Student will get a repaired or replacement iPad upon payment of the deductible.
2. Second accidental damage occurrence ($49): Student will get a repaired or replacement iPad upon payment of the deductible.
3. Third or subsequent accidental damage occurrence: Parent or guardian is responsible for the full replacement cost of the iPad
4. Cost to replace a damaged or decorated case ($49)
5. Cost to replace a lost charger ($25) or USB cord ($25)
Handling and Care of the iPad
1. Keep the iPad in the school-issued case.
2. Keep iPad and case free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not applied by Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School.
3. Do not remove labels, stickers, or screen protectors already placed on the iPad by the Technology Department.
4. Use the iPad on a flat, stable surface.
5. Do not set books on the iPad.
6. Do not have food or drinks around the iPad.
7. Do not attempt to repair a damaged or malfunctioning iPad.
8. Wipe iPad surfaces with a clean, dry soft cloth.
9. Avoid touching the screen with pens or pencils.
10. Do not leave the iPad exposed to direct sunlight or near any heat or moisture sources for extended periods of time.
11. Use the appropriate iPad A/C adapter to charge the iPad.
12. The device must be housed in a protective case at all times.
1. It is the user’s responsibility to recharge the iPad’s battery so it is fully charged by the start of the school day.
2. iPads with no battery life may be charged in the designated charging station. The student forfeits use of the iPad for the entire time it takes to charge the iPad.
3. All class work missed because of uncharged batteries must be made up on the student’s own time
1. Do not leave the iPad unattended in an unlocked classroom, locker, or at an extracurricular activity.
2. Do not leave the iPad in an unlocked vehicle.
3. Do not leave the iPad in a vehicle for extended periods of time or overnight.
4. Do not leave the iPad in visible sight when left in a vehicle.
5. Do not leave the iPad unattended in an unlocked classroom or locker, or during an extracurricular activity.
6. Do not lend the iPad to a classmate, friend, or family member.
1. Do not sync the iPad to personal or school computers (Contact the technology staff if necessary)
2. School-purchased apps will be installed on to student iPads using the school’s MDM software.
3. Any attempt to “jailbreak” or remove the Ma’ayanot profile could result in suspension.
4. Students are expected to respect the web filter as a safety precaution, and shall not attempt to circumvent the web filter.
5. Students are responsible for the safety and security of the iPad and any activity on the device.
6. We cannot guarantee that apps that are purchased that do not utilize iCloud backup will stay on the iPad if the device needs to be synched or reset to factory settings.
7. The “Find My iPad” service must remain on at all times.
8. Ma’ayanot Yeshiva may disable the iPad remotely to protect the device and/or data on the device.
1. Communicate only in ways that are kind and respectful. Students and staff at the Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School shall not participate in any type of harassment or hurtful teasing through e-mail or any other communication using technology. Disciplinary action at school is possible even if the original electronic message began on a device other than a device owned by the school and on or off school property.
2. Be responsible. Report threatening or discomforting materials to a teacher, a parent, or an administrator.
3. Be honorable. Do not intentionally access, transmit, copy, or create material that violates traditional ethics (This includes messages that are pornographic, threatening, rude, discriminatory, or meant to harass).
4. Respect others by always asking permission before taking pictures, video, or audio recordings of them.
5. Time at school is to be spent in the pursuit of learning. Don’t buy, sell, advertise, or otherwise conduct business affairs unless it is approved as a school project.
Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School iPad Hardware and Usage Agreement
I have reviewed and understand the rules and guidelines outlined in the iPad Hardware and Usage Agreement.
I understand if my child violates the guidelines of Acceptable Use detailed above, her privilege to use technology may be restricted or removed and she may be subject to disciplinary action.
I understand that I may be held responsible for reimbursement for loss, theft, damage, or repair of my child’s mobile device, which may have occurred at school or at home, or while the mobile device was being transported.
I agree to pay the $49 deductible cost for accidental damage to the device as explained in the Usage Agreement.
The mobile device remains the property of Ma'ayanot. At the end of their enrollment or upon transfer from the school, parents and students agree to return the mobile device to the school in the same condition it was issued less reasonable wear.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
As the parent or guardian of this student, I have read the iPad Hardware and Usage Agreement. I understand that technology is provided for educational purposes in keeping with the academic goals of Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School. I recognize it is impossible for the school to restrict access to all controversial materials, and I will not hold the school responsible for materials acquired on the school network or via the device. I understand that my daughter's technological activities at home should be supervised as they can affect the academic environment at school.
I understand that I am accepting responsibility for any damage, destruction, or loss of the assigned iPad. I understand that I am responsible for the total cost of replacing a negligently-damaged, destroyed, stolen, or lost iPad.
I understand and will support my daughter in adhering to the iPad Hardware and Usage Agreement and the Student User Agreement. I am aware that if my child breaks these agreements, the consequences could include suspension of technology privileges and/or disciplinary action. I also understand that the school network and hardware are owned by Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School and that Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School has the right to access any of the information used through the mediums provided by the school at any time. I hereby give permission for my daughter to use technology resources at Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School.
Signature of Parent / Guardian above. You may use your mouse on a standard screen or a stylus / your finger on a touch screen to submit signature.
Name of Parent with Signature Above
Name of Student
Student Grade in September 2016