Teen Art Connect Application 2016-2017
Application for Teen Art Connect
Teen Art Connect (TAC) is a job training program that brings together high school students from diverse backgrounds for a year-round paid internship exploring culture through art at The Contemporary Jewish Museum. All high school students entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in fall 2016 are eligible to apply.
Those who are applying, or interested in applying, to the TAC program are strongly encouraged to attend one of our upcoming teen events. All current TACs will be there as will the program director, Leah Greenberg, so it's a good way to get a feel for the program and also introduce yourself as an applicant.
Careers in the Arts Panel: Sunday, January 24 | 3-5pm
InstaMeet Photowalk: Sunday, February 21 | 3-5pm
More info: thecjm.org/teens
Timeline and Important Dates:
• Friday, March 18: Applications due by 5pm
• Mid-April: Applicants will be contacted and select individuals will be invited to interview
• Mid-May: Acceptance notices will be sent
• June 13 – June 24: Summer training intensive (10am-4pm, Mon – Fri)
• July – August: Three trainings Sundays 3-5:30pm (exact dates TBD)
• August 2016 – May 2017: Trainings twice a month (Sundays 3-5:30pm) and weekly work shifts (2-6 hours per week)
To apply, all applicants must complete all parts of this form:
1. Personal Information
2. Short Answers
3. Reference Information
Please complete all of the fields and hit "Submit" ONCE. If your application goes through correctly the screen will say it has been saved.Then you will receive a confirmation email to the address you provided.
Please note: We recommend typing your answers separately, proofing, and then copying and pasting them into the form.
Please complete all fields.
Date of Birth (01/23/1998)
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Sao Tome and Principe
United Republic of Tanzania
Country / Region
School for fall 2015
Grade for fall 2015
Please respond to the following questions in a paragraph or more.
1. How did you hear about the Teen Art Connect internship at the Contemporary Jewish Museum? Have you been to The Museum before and if so, what did you see/do here?
Which of these topics interest you?
Mark as many or as few - it's up to you! Please be honest, though. Remember, we are looking to put together a group of people with varied interests.
Working with Kids
Non Profit Organizations
Meeting New People
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
2. From the above topics, which, if any, do you already have experience with? Please explain.
3. How do you want this program to impact you personally? How do you hope to change or grow? How does it fit with your life goals?
4. What strengths, unique perspectives, and passions will you be able to contribute to the TAC program and The Museum?
5. Please tell us about your favorite classes, extracurricular activities, or other interests that might help us learn more about you. (arts classes, school clubs, cultural organizations)
6. Describe your world (whatever that may mean to you) and how it has shaped you into the person you are today.
7. What specific weekend or after-school commitments do you have June 2016-May 2017?
Please mark as many of these that you are definitely able to commit to.
June 13 – June 24: Summer training intensive (10am-4pm, Mon – Fri and Mon – Thu)
July – August: Three trainings Sundays 3-5:30pm, exact dates TBD
August 2016 – May 2017: Trainings twice a month (Sundays 3-5:30pm)
August 2016 – May 2017: Weekly work shifts (2-6 hours per week)
If you are not able to commit to something above, please explain.
Please give us the name and contact information of an adult (NOT A RELATIVE) who knows you well, and ask them to write you a paragraph or two of why you would be a fabulous intern. If your reference prefers to email the paragraph separately, he or she can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you can note in the space below that, "Reference will be emailed separately."
Relationship to Applicant
Please paste a paragraph from your reference explaining why you are a fantastic candidate for this program.
Remember, if your reference prefers to email the paragraph separately, he or she can email it to email@example.com. Please note in the space to the right, "Reference will be emailed separately."
Read our stories!
Click on the photo to read blog posts by past teen interns
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org