2017 YALSA Young Adult Services Symposium Paper Proposal
Libraries: Helping All Teens Build a Better Future
Libraries are in a unique position to support the needs of teens as they take their first steps towards their future. They provide an opportunity for teens to explore their identity; learn about the larger community and their place(s) in it; pursue their passions; investigate career options; create positive change; and more. Join us at the 2017 YA Services Symposium as we explore the many ways that libraries and library staff can help ensure all teens, especially those with the greatest needs, are prepared for college, careers, and life.
Louisville, KY, November 3 -5, 2017
• All paper proposals must be received by February 1, 2017.
• All applicants will be notified the week of March 15, 2017.
• All paper presenters must register at the reduced presenter rate ($69) for the Symposium by September 1, 2017.
• All paper presenters must fund all their travel costs to the symposium.
• Only one paper proposal per person will be accepted.
• For questions, please contact Nichole O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.545.2433 x4387
Accepted papers will be considered for a future issue of YALSA's Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults only if they are research papers that meet the guidelines of the journal.