Submit News to Share with the UAA Community!
UAA MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED!
1. DO NOT USE THIS FORM TO SUBMIT JOB ADS. FOR MORE DETAILS, SEE: https://urbanaffairsassociation.org/job-ads/submit-an-ad/
2. Please use this form to share news items that would be of relevance to the urban affairs community.
3. UAA MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. To renew or become a member, please visit: https://urbanaffairsassociation.org/membership/become-a-member/
4. All submitted news items will be reviewed for relevancy by the UAA Executive Office.
5. Submitting individuals are responsible for submitted content (this include any errors or omissions). So please review submissions carefully.
6. UAA reserves the right to edit, refuse, or remove any submitted content from its website at its discretion.
7. Approved submissions will be posted within 3-4 business days.
8. Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UAA Membership Status of Person Submitting News Item
Current Institutional Membership
Current Individual Membership
Current Student Membership
Note: UAA membership year runs from January through December of each calendar year.
Name of Person Submitting News Item
Institution/Affiliation of Person Submitting News Item
Unit/Department of Person Submitting News Item (if applicable)
Email of Person Submitting News Item
Phone Number of Person Submitting News Item
Type of News
Institutional (e.g. program, colleagues, facility, centers)
Publication (e.g. article, book, major report)
Recognition (e.g. grant, award, fellowship, post-doc)
Initiatives (i.e. local, regional, national, and international initiatives)
Opportunity-A: Fellowships, scholarships, grants
Opportunity-B: Conference, workshops
Opportunity-C: Calls for special journal issues, book series, case studies
IMPORTANT: If your news item references a deadline. Be sure to include the deadline date in the news headline; Maximum length: 10 words
(Maximum Length: 200 words)
Please see guideline below.
Please type news in the third person.
For example, "Sarah Brown (______Univeristy, Department of Sociology) was awarded the ______ Award for Leadership. Dr. Brown has been a professor for over a decade and has worked in partnership is several local community-based organizations whose focus surrounds education advocacy."
Note: To provide additional details to community members, consider adding hyperlinks to web-pages with more information.
OPTIONAL: Website address (i.e. URL) for more information about your news submission
OPTIONAL: Would you like us to tag you on TWITTER? Please provide Twitter handle.
OPTIONAL: Would you like us to tag you on FACEBOOK? Please provide Facebook profile.
OPTIONAL: Would you like us to tag you on LINKEDIN? Please provide LinkedIn profile.
Include an image to accompany your news!
Note: Including an image with your news item can increase viewership. (STRONGLY ENCOURAGED)
Acceptable format: PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, PSD, EPS, TIFF
Best image size: 1200px X 630px
Minimum image size: 383px X 201px