QUIZ SECTION for Lesson #1 - What is the Bible?
After you have completed the quiz, hit "submit" and someone will check the answers and email you with helpful comments.
You may proceed to the next lesson, but we encourage you to be sure you have a good understanding of the current lesson before moving forward.
1. What languages were used to write the original manuscripts of the Bible?
(Check as many as apply) (15 points)
2. When was the Bible first translated into English?
(Check the correct date) (10 points)
3. When was the King James Version first translated from the original languages?
(Check the correct date) (5 points)
4. The Bible is without error in...
A. the original manuscripts
B. the authorized copies
C. the King James Version
D. the Hebrew manuscripts
(Check only one) (10 points)
5. In what ways does studying and believing the Word of God effect the Christian?
A. it helps the Christian to avoid sin.
B. it makes the Christian more like God wants him/her to be.
C. it helps the Christian to make God-honoring choices.
D. it keeps the Christian from having difficulties in their life.
E. it assures the Christian will be healthy and rich.
(Check all of the statements that are TRUE) (15 points)
6. Today, we have several of the original manuscripts of the Bible.
(Check TRUE, if the statement is true and FALSE if the statement is NOT true) (5 points)
7. When we say the Bible is the "Word of God," it means...
A. the writers asked God what He wanted them to write.
B. God made sure the writer wrote exactly what He wanted.
C. we are simply showing respect for the Bible.
D. God dictated to the writers what to write.
(Check the ONE BEST answer) (10 points)
8. What are some of the benefits of the Bible?
A. It tells us where we came from.
B. It tells us how to live for God.
C. It helps us understand how God thinks.
D. It tells us where we are going.
E. It gives us the Gospel.
(Check all of the statements that apply) (15 points)
9. When Psalm 119:11 says, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart," what does it mean?
(Type in a short answer in the space above) (15 points)
Do you have any questions about this lesson?