TERMS & CONDITIONS: (please review and then follow instructions at the bottom to submit):
I agree to the following terms regarding my participation as a Foster Parent for The Animal Protectorates (“TAPS”):
1. Subject to the remainder of the terms set forth herein, I agree to provide a temporary home any animal I foster for the agreed upon foster period. All identification tags will remain on the foster animal for the entire foster period. I understand that I am responsible for providing daily food, water, exercise, shelter, and affection for my foster animal, all at my own expense (unless otherwise arranged). I WILL NOT TAKE MY FOSTER ANIMAL TO DOG PARKS.
2. In the case of a medical emergency, I will contact the Foster Care Coordinator and will obtain immediate veterinary care at the clinic approved by The Animal Protectorates (TAPS). The medical fees will be paid for by TAPS. I, as the Foster Parent, am responsible to get the medical records to the Foster Care Coordinator within 48 hours of treatment.
3. If I encounter behavior concerns with my foster animal, I will contact the Foster Care Coordinator. I understand that TAPS may provide a professional dog trainer and/or a cat behaviorist to work through minor issues. I understand that foster animals often have unknown medical and behavior histories and may show behaviors in one home that they may not show in another home. I agree to work through these issues to the best of my ability. If concerns are beyond my ability, I will work with TAPS to find a more appropriate foster home.
4. If I need to return the foster animal before the end of the agreed-upon foster period I will contact the Foster Care Coordinator and try to give TAPS at least 72 hours to find another foster home for the animal. If I have a known period of time (i.e vacation) that I cannot provide care for the foster animal, I will arrange with the Foster Care Coordinator options for my foster animal at least one week prior.
5. All foster cats must be kept inside only.
6. Foster dogs should be allowed indoors/outdoors but must be provided with a secure fenced area when outside, including shelter from the elements. California state law prohibits dogs from being tethered in any way for any period of time. The foster animal will always be under my control either on leash or in the confines of my property.
7. I will not allow others to care for my foster animal unless I have received approval from the Foster Care Coordinator to do so. I am responsible for the well-being of my foster animal at all times.
8. As the foster parent, I understand that I have first choice to adopt my foster animal. If I choose to do so, I will alert the Foster Care Coordinator to begin the process of adoption. I understand that if I do not alert the Foster Care Coordinator of my desire to adopt, the foster animal is considered available for other adopters and will be required to attend events and be available for potential adopters to meet. Once an adoption is in process, I will be unable to adopt my foster animal. I agree to surrender my foster animal upon notification that an adoption has been approved.
9. I understand that part of the responsibility of a foster parent is to feature my foster animal for adoption in my own neighborhood and with my friends and family. Because I know the animal the best, I can help answer questions for potential adopters and will set up meet and greets as requested by the Foster Care Coordinator.
10. There is a limit of two (2) dogs, which can be fostered at the same time by the same person/household. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the TAPS Foster Care Coordinator.
11. By typing my name in the box below an clicking submit, I consent to the performance of a home check by TAPS staff prior to my taking the foster animal home. I also consent to home checks during the foster period upon 24 hours notice.
12. I understand that my foster animal is owned by TAPS and can be removed from my care at any time by TAPS, in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason. I agree to surrender my foster animal to TAPS upon receiving notification of the termination of the foster agreement.
13. I understand that any animal, including the foster animal, may pose a risk of injury, death, illness,or damage to me, my family, other persons, or to personal property. I voluntarily and knowingly assume any and all risks associated with my agreement to act as a foster parent, including the risk of injury, death, illness or damage.
14. I hereby waive and release TAPS, its board members, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, and volunteers, from any claims, causes of action or liability for any injury, illness, or damage to self, other persons, or property once the animal is in my foster care.
15. I have read this Release Agreement and fully understand that I will relinquish all claims or actions known now or in the future against TAPS, its board members, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, and volunteers. I am of legal age and legally competent to sign this agreement. I am signing this agreement of my own free will without the influence of a TAPS representative. It is expressly understood and agreed that I am hereby waiving and surrendering my rights pursuant to Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, which provides as follows:
“A general release does not extend to claims which a creditor does not know or suspect exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
By typing my name in the box below, I certify that I have read and understand all of the questions on this form. I have answered all questions on this form as truthfully as possible. I understand that if I have purposefully answered any of the questions untruthfully, I may be committing a felony and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and additionally shall return my foster pet to The Animal Protectorates - TAPS immediately.