2020 HEF Classroom Project Program
APPLICATION FORM 2020-2021
Application Due: 5pm - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2020
Contact & Project Info
Project Description & Budget
Contact & Project Info
Project Description & Budget
PLEASE READ THE OVERVIEW AND GUIDELINES BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION.
Dear Principals and Teachers of Hayward Schools,
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Hayward Education Foundation (HEF), I would like to thank you for your hard work and commitment to our Hayward students.
The Hayward Education Foundation is now accepting applications for its 2020-2021 HEF Classroom Projects Program. Below, please find information on the preparation and submittal of your classroom project as well as a timetable for funding.
Read the "Guidelines & Funding Calendar" section thoroughly and carefully.
For this funding year, we have added a COVID-19 Addendum. This funding has been allocated to HELP SUPPORT TEACHERS and students adapt to the unique circumstances and new challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes distance/remote learning and the transition period for the 2020-2021 school year. It is our goal to offer help and support to online classrooms in ways that the district cannot. You may apply online here:
HEF 2020 CPP COVID-19 Addendum Funding Application
Applicants may apply for both funding options, but must submit the respective applications. Joint applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be received by 5pm, Friday, October 23, 2020
No late proposals will be accepted. Principals must approve any applications being submitted by their school. No exceptions will be given.
After you start the application (below) you will have up to 10 days to return to it and complete it before you submit it. Please be sure to copy the save link so you can access it after you have saved it.
The application and instructions are available ONLINE only. Should you have difficulty accessing this website, or have any questions regarding the guidelines, funding requirements, online application or calendar, contact Penny Hodges-Bonny at Admin@HaywardEd.org or at (510) 862-3702.
GUIDELINES & FUNDING CALENDAR
The Hayward Education Foundation (HEF) awards funding for innovative classroom projects & activities which support, enrich, and strengthen the educational experiences of students as well as promote life-long learning.
Funding is awarded once each year,
up to a maximum of $1,000
. Due to the funding limitations, a project may be fully or partially funded. An applicant may submit only one application per funding cycle.
All applicants who are awarded an HEF Classroom Project are required to return any unspent funds to HEF and also to provide a completed final report including photos at the conclusion of the project.
The Final Report Format can be found on the last page of this application. Please be sure to
provide your initials
acknowledging your understanding of these requirements
(Found at the bottom of the budget page underneath the Principal’s approval).
Failure to return any unspent funds and to submit a final report including any photos may prevent you from receiving future funding.
For the list of grants funded in the past, please visit our website, www.HaywardEd.org, and click on PROJECTS.
2020-2021 APPLICATION PROCESS
All applications must be received by 5pm, Friday, October 23, 2020.
Additionally, all applications must be read and approved by the school's principal before submittal. Please ensure that you have indicated that your principal has reviewed your application and approves the submittal by
typing your initials
and indicating the name of the school's principal in the spaces provided.
(Found on the last page of the application under the budget.)
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS AND APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Applications will be evaluated by a Classroom Projects Allocation Committee comprised of HEF Board members and community members. The committee will then make recommendations for funding to the HEF Board of Directors soon thereafter.
All applicants will be notified of the results by EMAIL or LETTER no later than November 16, 2020. Distribution of awards will be don electronically during the week of December 1, 2020.
Applicants may apply for both the Classroom Project Funding and the COVID-19 Addendum funding.
GUIDELINES AND CLASSROOM PROJECT SELECTION CRITERIA:
The Hayward Education Foundation (HEF) is looking for Classroom Project requests that:
• Are creative, innovative and support, enrich, and strengthen the educational experiences of students in Hayward elementary and secondary schools.
• Promote life-long learning.
• Clearly identify & explain activities and goals for the project as well as clarify criteria for evaluating accomplishments.
• Require full participation of students which is active and hands-on and occurs in the classroom or on school grounds
• Are complete with a clear and concise budget including specific line items for proposed purchases.
• Support purchases that will endure over time.
HEF will NOT fund:
• Late applications.
• Handwritten applications.
• Incomplete applications (PLEASE read the instructions carefully), i.e. Applications with incomplete narratives and/or applications with incomplete budgets or budgets that do not match the described program.
• Items that the district/school can provide.
• Personal Electronic Devices (tablets, iPads, laptop or desktop computers) for the teachers use.
• Computer ink.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) of any kind.
• Applications NOT approved for submittal by the school's principal (no substitutes)
• Projects that do not describe or provide a clear educational benefit.
• Salaries or stipends.
• Field Trips (transportation, passes, admission tickets, registration costs, chaperone fees)
• Finger printing of any kind.
• Retroactive expenses or activities.
• Student snacks.
• Clothing, e.g., t-shirts or sweatshirts.
• Trophies, pins, certificates of achievement, etc.
Questions and More information:
If you have any questions, EMAIL: Admin@HaywardEd.org, CALL Penny at (510) 862-3702.
Application and Guidelines Available: August 3, 2020
Application Receipt Deadline:
5 PM, Friday, October 23, 2020
Grant Committee Review: Week of November 9, 2020
Grant Funding Recommendations to Board: November 16, 2020
Notification to Applicants of Funding:
No Later than November 20, 2020
Distribution of Awards:
Week of December 1, 2020 via electronic distribution
Confirm to proceed to application
I have read the instructions and guidelines and my funding request complies with these guidelines
I am a teacher at a school located in Hayward, California (pubic, private, charter)
I am not requesting funding for a field trip / activity off school grounds