In partnership with Bank of America, the Hornets honor a veteran during one Hornets home game each month for his or her unwavering service to our country. Recipients are recognized prior to the national anthem, and during an on-court presentation at halftime, and are given tickets to the game. In addition, the Hornets donate $1,000 to the recipient’s charity of choice.
Nominations may be submitted by anyone, at any time, during the year. Self-nominations are welcomed.
Yellow Ribbon Games (2018-19)
• November 28
• January 17
• February 2
• April 10
• Veteran who served as active duty or been reservist called to active duty.
• Retired or honorably discharged from a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.
• Current resident or previously stationed in NC or SC.
Nominations will be evaluated on the scope and impact of a nominees military achievements and the extent to which the nominee’s efforts (above and beyond the call of duty) benefit and provide inspiration to their community and other veterans.
Examples (but not limited to):
• Veteran who performed a heroic act at home or overseas.
• Veteran is a leader in their community and stands out among their peers.
• Has overcome a significant challenge in personal life or professional life.
Please provide sufficient descriptions and supporting documents with the information needed to understand your nominee’s contributions and support to the military and community.
Submit Yellow Ribbon Nomination
Contact Tiara Brown at email@example.com