JVA Board of Directors
Welcome and Thank you for your interest in the JVA Board of Directors nomination!
The continued growth of JVA is due to a hardworking staff, dedicated members and the leadership of our Board of Directors.
We need YOU to help grow our team, bring new ideas to the table, and be part of a culture that is constantly striving to provide the best resources to our members. There is one board position up for election this year. We invite anyone who is interested in being part of this organization to complete the nomination below. Please feel free to contact Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions beyond the form below.
JVA Executive Director
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to continued progress and growth within the JVA!
For 2018 there is one (1) JVA Board Position up for election.
Eligibility: Nominees must be current Club Director Members of the JVA. Nominations: will be accepted from November 6, 2018 to November 16, 2018. Self-nomination is encouraged.
Election Dates: Slate of Candidates will be presented to the general membership on November 20th. The election will be open on December 4th and close on December 11th.
Term of Service: 3 years
Compensation: Board service is voluntary
Primary Board Responsibilities:
• Strategic plan development
• Financial oversight
• Promotion of the mission of JVA
• Support growth of the membership of JVA.
• Expectations – at the minimum Board members are expected to be present for 80% of the conference calls, the December Board Meeting and Annual Meeting, and the Strategic Planning Session(s).
• Conference Calls – The Board will convene via teleconference approximately 6-8 times per year on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 12:30 p.m. EST.
• Annual Meeting – takes place ‘in-person’ at the AVCA Convention in December
• Midyear Meeting – takes place ‘in-person’ at AAU Jr. Nationals in Orlando in June.
• Strategic Planning session – is held in the summer every 3-4 years.
Your answers to the following questions will be used as consideration by the JVA and may be used in candidate promotion articles and announcements published in JVA communications, such as a newsletter, special email announcement, the Web site, etc.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lisa at email@example.com
Describe your experience in the volleyball industry, including any volunteer leadership experience, such as board, committees, offices, etc.
If nominated and elected to serve, which areas would you feel you could make the greatest contribution?
What personal qualities will you bring to the Board?
Candidate's Head Shot
at least 400px wide by 400 px tall