1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Friday May 10, 2019 5:00 p.m. EST. (NO EXCEPTIONS).
2. Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
3. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. If any question does not apply to you in this application please place N/A in the space.
5. Prior recipients are not eligible.
6. If you have any questions about the application, please contact Sean Burns at (202) 888-0045 or email, email@example.com
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of enrollment in a high school or an accredited college or university.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to two (2) deserving high school and/or college or university students interested in pursuing a career in government and/or public service or issue advocacy majoring in political science, public administration or its complement.
Award Components: $5,000 scholarships awarded to students majoring in political science, public administration or its complement, selected by the WGRG Foundation Scholarship Committee. Recipients will be featured during the 10th Annual Tin Cup Awards Dinner in July 2019.
1. Applicant must be a United States resident.
2. Applicant must be enrolled in a high school or an accredited college or university in the year of the award
3. Applicant must demonstrate positive-impact involvement, consistent with capacity and circumstances. Special consideration is given to improvement/success in scholarship and a commitment to community and public service.
Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form.
2. Select one individual to complete a reference survey to be submitted by either an educator/college professor, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s experience and public service engagement
3. An official and recent academic transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank (if applicable).
4. Personal Essay: Please answer the question directly in the application.
5. If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Sean Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Deadline to submit the application and receipt of supporting materials is Friday, May 10, 2019. Applications submitted and supporting materials postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Please submit an official and recent college transcript, with cumulative grade point average via U.S. mail to:
Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship
ATTN: David Youngblood
The Madison Group
1030 Fifteenth Street, NW │Suite 1080 West Washington, DC 20005 email@example.com