Reverse Student Leadership 2018-2019
Application DUE by WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19 @ 11:59PM, PDT.
- Make sure to thoroughly ready through our INFO PACKET before applying. That packet can be found here: http://purposechurch.com/smleadership
- Reverse Student Leadership is for any one involved in our high school ministry who is currently a sophomore, junior, or senior!
- After applying, we will contact you to setup an interview.
REVERSE MISSION STATEMENT:
We are family of student leaders who want to be used by God to love our peers, serve our church, grow as leaders and help accomplish the HSM vision; Everyone Everywhere Following Jesus.
THEME VERSE: Ephesians 4:1
"...lead a life worthy of your calling."
A REVERSE STUDENT LEADER IS...
- A VISIONARY :: You will have a mental picture of some part of our ministry that God wants you to lead or create--and spend the year making that picture a reality.
- BEING MENTORED :: You will initiate and commit to intentionally being mentored by an adult leader who is older than you and who you admire as a follower of Jesus.
- A SERVANT-LEADER :: Student leaders lead students through loving and serving old and new friends, planning and leading trips, events, etc., and sacrificing yourself for others on Sundays and Wednesdays.
REVERSE Student Leaders commit to the following for the 2018-2019 school year:
1. Being a leader within my (no more than 7 absences/year)*
- SMALL - Your HSM Small Group (Wednesday night, 6:30pm - showing up early).
- BIG - Worshipping with Purpose Church (8:30, 9:45, or 11:11am)
- SERVE - Making an Impact by serving at Purpose Church (8:30, 9:45, or 11:11am)
- Visiting The Landing (Tuesday nights, 6:30pm) at least once during the year.
*We are not legalistic about this and can discuss your individual situation. Student Leaders must exhibit a high commitment level and active involvement.
2. Attending ALL Reverse “Gatherings” (1:00-3:00pm).
- Gatherings (Sundays after church): Oct. 21, Nov. 18, Dec. 16, Jan. 20, Feb. 17, Mar. 17, Apr. 14, May 19
3. Having a vision for a specific part of our ministry or something you would like to create, help develop, grow, expand, or change in our ministry, and then spending the year making that vision a reality. This could be an event, experience, or an idea for our ministry.
4. Intentionally being mentored by one adult leader who is older than you and of the same gender; meeting with them regularly throughout the year.
5. Actively participating in one of the two Reverse Service Teams (Welcome or Outreach) to help HSM become an even more impactful community.
6. Attending the MANDATORY Reverse Retreat, November 2-3 (Friday-Saturday) at a Student Leader's Home.
7. Living a life that reflects the character of Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 4:12) both in your relationships, private lives, and social media. We expect our student leaders to set an example; this includes abstaining from sexually immoral behavior, illegal substances, gossip, dissension, and posting/sending things that would cause others to question whether Jesus is your number one priority.
8. Actively growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ; prayer, reading the Bible, serving, etc.
[+] If this sounds like something you are interesting in being a part of, take some time to pray about whether God is leading you to apply...and if you sense God's leading, fill out the application below!