HRA Archaeological Technician (Seasonal)
Please upload your CV/Resume
Please upload three professional references (if not included in resume). References should include full name, phone number, and email address.)
What is your state of residence?
If you reside outside of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or Montana, do you have plans to permanently relocate to one of these states?
Note: Work offered by HRA is temporary/seasonal, on-call, as needed, and without guarantee of any work or hours being offered or available.
If you have plans to relocate to one of these states, please indicate which state and approximate timeline.
N/A - I live in one of these states.
1. Please describe the training and education you received at your field school, specifically survey, types of sites identified or worked on, excavation techniques, artifact identification (precontact and/or historic), cataloguing, and interpretation of findings.
2. Describe the general excavation of a shovel probe. How would you differentiate between strata during excavation?
3. Do you have experience using tablets, GPS units, and/or computer software in relation to cultural resource management or other jobs? What programs are you comfortable using?
4. Do you have any monitoring experience? If so, on what types of projects? If not, are you comfortable working around heavy machinery?
5. Do you have any experience with excavating test units? If so, for what type of project and where?
6. Do you have any artifact analysis experience? Are you more familiar with precontact or historic artifacts?
7. Are you currently 24- or 40-hour HAZWOPER certified, or have you been within the last 12 months? If so, please provide your renewal date.
8. Have you taken a First Aid/CPR certification class within the last 2 years? If so, please provide your renewal date.
9. Have you participated in any type of wilderness safety training (e.g. wilderness first aid/survival, bear safety, shotgun safety) within the last 12 months? If so, list the trainings/certifications, renewal date, and what topics were covered.
10. Please indicate where you heard or saw HRA/NLURA’s job announcement.
Archaeological Technician Required Qualifications
1. Do you have a B.A./B.S in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field?
2. If you do not have a B.A./B.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field, are you a current student nearing graduation and what is your expected graduation date?
3. If you are not a student nearing graduation with a B.A./B.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field, do you have extensive experience in archaeological monitoring, survey, excavation, or other scientific field research?
4. This position requires the ability to stand to lift items of up to 50lbs and possess the visual acuity required to accurately observe and describe archaeological sites, features and artifacts. Can you meet these requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation?
I attest that the above statements, resume, and qualification questions are true and I understand that misrepresentation of my education and experience will disqualify me from employment a NLURA.