Family Event Sign up: 2022-2023
As a part of our faith formation program, each family (grades 1-10) chooses (3) events to attend during the year. Students and at least one parent/guardian attend together.
Signing up is necessary so we plan the appropriate space and supplies.
Read through our options and sign up below the list.
If your schedule changes and you need to switch dates, please let us know as soon as possible.
1. Catechetical Sunday: Sunday, September 18; 10:00 a.m. Mass
Attend 10:00 Mass where our Catechists will receive a special blessing. Children make cards and signs of appreciation for our volunteers. Bring your cards/signs to the church hall by 9:45 before Mass. After Mass, we will go downstairs for donuts.
2. Family Rosary: Thursday, October 6; 7:00 p.m. in Church. We will pray the rosary in honor of the Feast of the Holy Rosary which is October 7. Families who sign up will have an option to lead a prayer. Students in grades 6-10 may also help for one hour of Christian service. (We will give you directions)
3. Movie Night: Friday, October 21; 6:30 p.m. in the parish center. A family friendly movie and snacks. Bring a chair, blanket, pillow or whatever you want to be comfortable. There will be a second movie for our older students.
4. Saint's Fair: Tuesday, November 15; 6:30 -8:00 p.m. in the parish center. Come learn more about some of our saints. Can you be a saint too?
5. Advent Fair: Tuesday, November 22; 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. in the parish center. Get ready to keep the Season of Advent at home in preparation for Christmas. This year the First Sunday of Advent is November 27.
6. Our Lady of Fatima Shrine: Saturday, December 10; 4:30 Mass and bus trip. We will travel to Our Lady of Fatima Shrine in Lewiston for the festival of lights right after 4:30 Mass. Bus capacity is limited to 40 people. Each family is asked to pay $10 to help with the cost of the bus.
7. Family Movie Night: Friday, January 20; 6:30 p.m. in the parish center. A family friendly movie and snacks. Bring a chair, blanket, pillow or whatever you want to be comfortable. There will be a second movie for our older students.
8. Lent Fair: Thursday, February 16; 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. in the parish center. Preparing to keep the Season of Lent, which begins February 22.
9. Ash Wednesday: February 22; 7:00 Mass in church. After Mass we will stay for a short lesson.
10. Prayer Path: March 31, April 1 & 2
Choose one of these dates to walk through the Prayer Path together in the Parish Center. (about 30-40 minutes) Come anytime between the times listed:
Friday, March 31: 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 1: 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 2: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
(Saturday and Sunday times are scheduled so you may come after any Mass)
11. Holy Week: Monday, April 3; 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the parish center. A tour of the events of Holy Week as we prepare for the Holy Triduum.
12. Holy Thursday: April 6; 7:00 Mass and bus to Seven Churches. Our annual visit to seven local churches as we journey through this holy night. We will leave right after 7:00 Mass and return to OLSH about 10:30 p.m. Families are asked to pay $10 to help with the cost of the bus.
13. Miracles: Tuesday, April 25; 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the parish center. Yes, they do happen! Learn more about miracles happening now.
14. Feast of the Ascension of Our Lord: Wednesday, May 17; 7:00 Mass with lesson after Mass. Still in the Easter Season, we will celebrate with Mass.
15. For grades 6-10 only:
Many of you may have seen, or heard of, the series “The Chosen.” We will use this series as a guide to consider what does it mean to be chosen for each of us. Families will watch Season 2, eight episodes. You will be provided with questions to answer together about each episode. Meetings will be:
Tuesday, January 10; Tuesday, January 24; Tuesday, February 7 (all at 7 p.m.)
This will count for all 3 of your family events.
16. NEW FOR EVERYONE:
Families have requested Christian Service that they can do together. We will have a Family Service Day on Saturday, November 5 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 Mass.
We will meet in the parish center to prepare for the day. Families will then travel to preplanned and chosen places to serve int he community together from approximately 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Then return to OLSH for lunch, games and sharing what we did and what we learned from our service. Finish the day with 4:30 Mass.
(this will count for all 3 of your family events; younger children are also welcome)
Type in family name; list children's names and grades:
Family name; list children's names and grades.
Hold control button while choosing:
1. September 18
2. October 6
3. October 21
4. November 15
5. November 22
6. December 10
7. January 20
8. February 16
9. February 22
10. March 31; April 1 or 2
11. April 3
12. April 6
13. April 25
14. May 17
15. Chosen series
16. Family Service Day