Team Commitment and Expectation
It is important to read this entire document carefully. If you are willing to comply with the policies and expectations of FCA Baseball then please proceed with the application.
FCA Baseball will present you the opportunity to with our organization, develop your professional and ministry skills, and grow in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The FCA college baseball team will interact closely with the community and ministry partners, and consequently the interns will be role models to many people, young and old. Therefore, there are certain expectations that all players and interns must agree to comply with during the summer season:
• I understand that the cost for participating in the Shepherds Collegiate Team in 2020 will be $1,800. An initial non-refundable down payment of $250 is due along with this form in order for my position to be officially recognized. I agree to fundraise those expenses ($1,550 after down payment) required by FCA Baseball. I agree to make the final payment on or before May 1, 2020. If I do not pay this amount, I understand that I could forfeit my spot with FCA Baseball.
• I understand that I have the option to raise additional financial compensation for the summer. This additional stipend can be raised, with 20% of total donations being withheld for FCA receipting and expense purposes.
• I understand that FCA Baseball has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to the use of drugs and alcohol. I will not participate in the use of any illegal drug or in any use of alcohol or tobacco.
• I will abstain from any sexual activity.
• I will represent FCA Baseball in a professional manner at all times. I will work to display the best attitude possible no matter what the situation.
• I agree to participate in ALL ministry functions which, in addition to playing or internship responsibilities, will include: 4 weeks of FULL DAY FCA Baseball Camp, Bible Studies, Mexico trip, as well as community service opportunities.
• If applicable, I will live with a host family during the summer and I agree to respect their house rules and I will follow all host family guidelines as set up by FCA Baseball prior to my arrival.