Application fees are due by 1 week prior to the event selected. A late fee of $50 will be assessed after the deadline.
All food vendors (truck, tent, or otherwise) are inspected by State DPH and City of Savannah. The individual charged with this task on the city side is Ms. Pearlette Shuman. Her role is to ensure that each food vendor has the appropriate permits. Due to the 2020 change in the State Food Laws, the local municipality is now involved with inspections and enforcement. (See Below their concerns)
***Pay $60 inspection fee payment. This fee is applicable for any vendor who does not currently hold a Chatham County Mobile Food Service Operation Permit (aka food truck permit). The fee can be paid in person via check, money order, or credit/debit card (excluding AmEx) at 1395 Eisenhower Dr, Savannah, GA 31406. You can also pay by phone via credit/debit card by calling 912-356-2160.***
1. Be prepared to answer these question as you describe your contingency for the city; (Ms. Pearlette Shuman-912-351-3837 ext.1702 | F: 912-525-1531 | Cell: 912-429-5084).
2. Have a plan for obtaining fresh water throughout the duration of the event, as your mobile unit will not return to your base of operation daily.
3. Describe your contingency plan for dumping wastewater throughout the duration of the event, as your mobile unit will not return to your base of operation daily. C. How will your mechanical equipment be powered throughout the duration of the event?
4. Do you intend to operate all three days? If not, please specify your days of operation.
5. Your Savannah Business Tax Application for License fees are to be paid by the close of business one week before the event.
6. Copies of both DPH and City Business Tax Application fees receipts should be emailed to email@example.com.
7. Food Vendors MUST always have original documents of their DPH vendor inspection, and Savannah Business Tax License, along with a valid ID with them to present if requested by City Official or Public Safety Official, NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. You will be parked in our parking lot; units MUST NOT BLOCK ADA accessible parking space.
All responses can be emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
After filling out the On-Line application we get a copy, and you will get a Welcome package email sent back to you 1 week before the event!!