YOUTH MINISTRY STUDENT LEADER APPLICATION
Covenant Presbyterian Church
32 Southgate Ct., Suite 101
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Name of School
Are you a member of Covenant?
Have you been baptized?
Please give a brief summary of your testimony. Include a specific explanation of what you are trusting in for your salvation and how you have grown spiritually over the past year.
How would you explain to a friend how one can become a Christian? Describe the gospel message as part of your answer.
What are your personal strengths and weaknesses?
How has God gifted you and how do you see Him using you to serve the youth?
Why do you want to serve?
How would you describe your walk with the Lord and/or devotional life?
Are you aware of any areas of sin in your life that you are not actively confessing and repenting of?
STATEMENT OF VIEWS
Please give a one or two sentence statement of your view on:
Check what areas of youth ministry would you like to serve in:
Big brother/sister to Middle School students
Sing/play instrument with Worship Team, run Audio/Visual at Youth Group
Greet students as they arrive at Youth Group
Prayer/Global focus at Youth Group
Run (coordinate) games for Middle School at Youth Group
Media: Maintain Instagram/Facebook; create videos and slideshows
High School community team - helping students connect with each other
Facilitate large group games, emcee, give announcements at Youth Group
Alianza connection - bridge the gap between Covenant/Alianza
Chaperone Middle School events
Volunteer at Middle School Modgnik as a leader or with Work Crew
Co-lead a Middle School small group
STUDENT LEADERSHIP COMMITMENTS
1. The student leader will be committed to a vibrant, growing walk with God--daily time in the Word and prayer.
2. The student leader will be committed to living a life of holiness, one which is above reproach and which reflects the life of Christ (see the qualifications of a church officer in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 and the fruit of the Spirit in Gal. 5:22-24).
- Student leaders will pursue holiness with their speech, avoiding the use of cutting sarcasm, put-downs, and criticisms.
- Student leaders will pursue holiness in dating relationships, and social media use.
- The student leader will be committed to Biblical conflict resolution, approaching an offender with much humility and prayer, never gossiping or sharing the offense unless absolutely necessary as outlined in Matthew 18:15-17.
3. The student leader will seek to be involved in a small group for their personal discipleship. Small groups are one of the best things Youth Ministry has to offer. Leaders should take advantage of them.
4. The student leader will take initiative and take on responsibilities within the youth ministry. It is expected that the student leader will be supportive of youth activities and will be an example to other youth in their involvement and conduct at youth events. See back for details.
5. Student leaders will be committed to attend leadership meetings. These take place once a month. Please let the Youth Pastor know personally if you will have to miss.
6. Student leaders will make it a priority to attend the weekend leadership retreat (Saturday-Sunday in late August or early September).
7. All student leaders will be committed to pursuing other youth for outreach and for their growth in grace (peers at school, Alianza youth, ASP, Mosby Ct)
8. All student leaders will make an effort to attend the Fall Retreat and High School Modgnik as these will be some of the most profitable times for going deep with one another.
I agree to do my best to honor these commitments, and will notify my Youth Pastor if the above commitments can no longer be kept or if any views given on the application change.
Covenant Presbyterian Church requires anyone who works with children (17 years of age and younger) to be Child Protection Approved. If you are unsure if you are Child Protection Approved, please contact
If you are NOT Child Protection Approved please complete the following:
two, NON-RELATED references
who are 18 years or older, and can attest to your character. After submitting this form please return to the church website and go to the Children's Ministries Child Protection page. Under Youth Ministries click on "Personal References" and complete the form. Or click the link below. It will open in a new tab.
Age 15 and older:
After submitting this form please return to the church website and go to the Children's Ministries Child Protection page. Under Youth Ministries click on "Disclosure Statement" and complete the form. Or click the link below. It will open in a new tab.
Age 18 or older:
After submitting this form please return to the church website and go to the Children's Ministries Child Protection page. Under Youth Ministries click on "Background Check" and complete the form. Or click the link below. It will open in a new tab.
BACKGROUND CHECK CONSENT FORM
All information on this application is confidential and will be used solely by the CPC staff for evaluative purposes only.
I have read and am willing and ready to commit to the Student Leader Commitments.
I have read and agree to all Child Protection Policies. I am giving my authorization to Covenant Presbyterian Church to verify the information on this form and to contact my references.