2022 SEMC Technology Competition Entry Form
SEMC Technology Competition
The SEMC Technology Competition was established to recognize and reward excellence in the use of technology by southeastern museums. The competition encourages innovation, effective design, accessibility, creativity and pride of work, and recognition of institutional identity. Winning entries will be highlighted at the SEMC2022 Annual Meeting (October 24-26) in Rogers, Arkansas, and featured in the Fall 2022 edition of INSIDE SEMC.
a) Entries must have been created between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
b) Open to SEMC active institutional and/or corporate members for projects being used in the southeast. Membership status will be verified.
c) Up to 3 entries may be submitted in any one category (21 entries maximum)
d) Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2022.
There is a one-time $25 entry fee for the 2022 Technology Competition.
Awards will be considered in the following project budget levels:
● Under $1000
● $1001 - $4999
● $5000 - $9999
● Over $10,000
Within each budget level, Gold, Silver, and Bronze recognition may be awarded in the following categories:
• Virtual Media – Apps (mobile, native, desktop), games, social media campaigns, websites, QR codes
• Media Production – audio tours, podcasts, videos, documentaries, animation
• Gallery installations – kiosks (single or multiple), digital signs, interactive or passive installations
• Digital Education – teacher resources, distance learning, virtual field trips, badging, AR, virtual only
• Digital marketing – websites (including microsites), social media, blogs, e-blasts, e-newsletters, e-invites, development campaigns
Up to 3 entries may be submitted in any one category (21 entries maximum)
1. PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM BELOW! Once completed and submitted, you will receive a submissions confirmation email with the details of your entry. The following are required to complete the entry form:
a) An institution may enter up to 3 works in as many categories as desired (21 entries maximum).
b) If more than one entry is submitted, the total number must be specified in the Entry Form’s “Entry Number” (e.g., 2 of 7).
c) Include instructions for download or use of the project, if applicable, along with any necessary credentials or logins.
2. SUPPORTING MATERIALS: Additional supporting materials should be submitted via URL links and are subject to the following guidelines:
i) Supporting materials are in addition to any files or documents that are integral parts of the project itself.
ii) 1 PDF up to 5 pages which can include captioned images such as screenshots or in-gallery usage, press coverage, mock-ups, etc.
iii) 2 Movies: mp4 or mov, max 30 MB
iv) 2 Audio: mp3, max 5 MB
vi) Links can be submitted via YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or other transfer services. If you need help with these services, please contact the competition chairs.
Award winners will be featured in a Technology Showcase at the Rogers, AR Convention Center as part of SEMC2022 to highlight their projects. All SEMC 2022 conference attendees will have access to the showcase.
Jurors: A panel representing the museum and technology fields will judge the competition.
For questions about jurors, please contact Scotty Almany, 2022 Jury Foreman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards: Each category may have a Gold, Silver or Bronze award as deemed appropriate by the judges. JUDGES HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD IN ANY CATEGORY.
Notifications: Winners will be notified via email. Winning projects will be announced in early fall via SEMC E-News and social media channels and celebrated through the Technology Showcase at SEMC 2022.
For more information, contact 2022 Technology Competition Chair:
Scott Warren, Historic Site Manager II
President James K. Polk State Historic Site
2022 Technology Competition Co-Chair:
Gaston County Museum
(704) 922-7682 x 110