2023-2024 HEF Classroom Project Program
APPLICATION FORM 2023-2024
Applications are Open
Contact & Project Info
Project Description & Budget
Contact & Project Info
Project Description & Budget
PLEASE READ THE OVERVIEW AND GUIDELINES BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION.
Hayward Education Foundation will begin accepting applications for its 2023-2024 HEF Classroom Projects Program (CPP) starting November 1, 2023. Below please find information on the preparation and submittal of your classroom project, a timetable for funding, and the link to the online application.
Project guidelines and selection criteria for the application are below.
Grants up to $1,000 are available to individual teachers for innovative classroom projects and activities that support, enrich, and strengthen the educational experiences of students as well as promote life-long learning. All K-12 teachers who are employed at schools in Hayward (Public, Private, Charter, etc.) are eligible and encouraged to submit a classroom project for funding.
After you start the application (below) you will have up to 10 days to return to it and complete it before you submit it. Please be sure to copy the save link so you can access it after you have saved it.
The application and instructions are available ONLINE only. Should you have difficulty accessing this website, or have any questions regarding the guidelines, funding requirements, online application or calendar, contact Daniel Goldstein at Finance@HaywardEd.org or CALL/TEXT at (510) 305-9949.
GUIDELINES & FUNDING CALENDAR
Hayward Education Foundation (HEF) awards grants for innovative classroom projects and activities that support, enrich, and strengthen the educational experiences of students as well as promote life-long learning.
Grants are awarded once each year,
up to a maximum of $1,000
. Due to the funding limitations, a project may be fully or partially funded. An applicant may submit only one application per academic year.
All applicants who are awarded an HEF Classroom Project grant are required to return any unspent funds to HEF and also to provide a completed final report including photos at the conclusion of the project.
The Final Report Format can be found on the last page of this application. Please be sure to
provide your initials
acknowledging your understanding of these requirements
(Found at the bottom of the budget page). Failure to return any unspent funds and to submit a final report including any photos may prevent you from receiving future funding.
For the list of grants funded in the past, please visit our website,
2023-2024 APPLICATION PROCESS
Each application must have a completed budget form. Applications without a completed budget form will not be considered. Please download the template here, and save it as a new file for editing:
. You will need Excel to fill out the form.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS AND APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Applications will be evaluated by the HEF Board members. Applications will be reviewed and, if approved, funded on a first come, first served basis.
All applicants will be notified of the results by EMAIL within one week of application submittal.
GUIDELINES AND CLASSROOM PROJECT SELECTION CRITERIA:
Hayward Education Foundation (HEF) is looking for Classroom Project requests that:
• Are creative, innovative, and support, enrich, and strengthen the educational experiences of students in Hayward elementary and secondary schools.
• Promote life-long learning.
• Clearly identify and explain activities and goals for the project as well as clarify criteria for evaluating accomplishments.
• Require full participation of students which is active and hands-on and occurs in the classroom or on school grounds
• Are complete with a clear and concise budget including specific line items for proposed purchases.
• Support purchases that will endure over time.
HEF will NOT fund:
• Late applications.
• Handwritten applications.
• Incomplete applications (PLEASE read the instructions carefully), i.e. Applications with incomplete narratives and/or applications with incomplete budgets or budgets that do not match the described program.
• Items that the district/school can provide.
• Projects requiring a fee paid by the student or parent.
• Personal Electronic Devices (tablets, iPads, laptops, or desktop computers) for the teacher's use.
• Computer ink.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) of any kind.
• Projects that do not describe or provide a clear educational benefit.
• Salaries or stipends.
• Field Trips (transportation, passes, admission tickets, registration costs, chaperone fees)
• Fingerprinting of any kind.
• Retroactive expenses or activities.
• Student snacks.
• Clothing, e.g., t-shirts or sweatshirts.
• Trophies, pins, certificates of achievement, etc.
Questions and More information:
If you have any questions, EMAIL: Finance@HaywardEd.org, or CALL/TEXT Dan at (510) 305-9949.
Application and Guidelines Available: November 1, 2023
Application Receipt Deadline: March 31, 2024
Notification to Applicants of Funding:
One week after receipt of application
Distribution of Awards:
Confirm to proceed to application
I have read the instructions and guidelines and my funding request complies with these guidelines
I am a teacher at a school located in Hayward, California (pubic, private, charter)
I am not requesting funding for a field trip / activity off school grounds