By submitting this application you are demonstrating your commitment to
complete the accreditation process. You believe that you meet all the
eligibility criteria, have completed the application requirements, are meeting
the Quality Standards, and have planned when you will be able to have an
You can work on this electronic form for up to a year. Save often. Once it is saved, you will be able to come back to it. If it times out without being saved, you will lose data.
Make sure the application is filled out completely and all application
requirements are included. Submission of an incomplete packet will delay
the accreditation process and additional fees will be incurred.
Note: To apply for accreditation, providers must be enrolled in selfstudy
or be re-accrediting providers that have completed their first &
second annual updates.
At the time of application submission, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria.
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a high school diploma or GED
• Provide care to children for a minimum of 15 hours per week
• Provide care to a minimum of three children in a home environment. At least one child must not reside in the provider’s home
• Be the primary caregiver, spending at least 80% of the operating hours actively involved with the children. Co-providers must spend at least 60% of the time actively involved with the children
• Have at least 12 months experience as a family child care provider.
• Meet the highest level of regulation to operate a family child care program by the authorized regulatory body
• Be in compliance with all regulations of the authorized regulatory body
• Have a favorable state and federal criminal history
• Be in good health in order to provide a nurturing and stable environment for children
• Maintain a current First Aid and Pediatric CPR certification
• Adhere to the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct