Gamma Sigma Sigma is a National Service Sorority dedicated to providing service to humanity. The sorority commits to creating and engaging in opportunities to serve on campuses and in the community to address local, national, and global needs. With this commitment, we seek qualified alumni willing and able to fulfill position openings on our National Board of Directors. Gamma Sigma Sigma National Board of Directors oversee the operations of the national sorority, consisting of more than 80 chapters and colonies and thousands of alumni-at-large across the nation.
• Knowledge of Gamma Sigma Sigma
• Great attitude and visionary leadership
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to work well with a team
• Time and availability to fulfill responsibilities
• Ability to manage multiple obligations while maintaining a cooperative attitude
Specific positions may have qualifications helpful for that specific position.
• Ability and willingness to travel to visit chapters and attend national events. This includes, but not limited to the following:
o National Convention including Pre-Convention and Post-Convention Meeting
o Training/Planning Meeting (3-4 days usually including a weekend)
o Summer Board Meeting (3-4 days usually including a weekend)
o Annual Chapter/Colony Visits (District Directors visit each chapter in their district; Membership Director visits each colony)
• Ability and willingness to attend online meetings and conference calls during the biennium.
• Responsiveness to communication via email and phone calls within the National Communication Policy.
• On-time submission of board reports and other agreed upon tasks.
• Professionalism exhibited online and when representing the sorority in-person.
Members elected to serve on the National Board of Directors gain experience serving in leadership roles that will benefit many career fields. The National Sorority covers expenses for NBD to travel throughout the biennium in accordance with our Travel Expense Policy. In addition, board members contribute to supporting members and chapters/colonies while advancing the sorority.
• Required: Submit the completed application form (including action plan and personal statement) to email@example.com
• Optional: Candidates may choose to submit up to two additional materials to support their application. This may be a resume, letter of recommendation, or portfolio.
• All applicants will be notified when their completed applications have been received.
• Applications missing materials will be marked as incomplete and not reviewed.
In Between National Conventions: The Nominating Chair compiles the application materials to submit to the National Board of Directors. The NBD elects members for vacant positions after reviewing the applications on file by the deadline.
For Convention: Applications are solicited with a deadline of January 31, 2019. The Nominating Committee meets to slate candidates for all NBD positions. Candidates may submit an application to run from the floor by the deadline one month before convention. Members will have an opportunity to learn from the candidates before voting. Then, delegates at the National Convention determine the NBD based on majority vote.