We are looking for a professional, high-energy Bartender with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to our Old Texas Theater customers. The Bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations and taking drink orders.
- Informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory of supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handing cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons. Balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils and equipment.
- Developing seasonal cocktail recipes.
- High School Diploma
- TABC Certificate
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Previous Bartender experience
- Meet state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.