In-Year Grant Funding Application Form
Please complete this form to submit a funding request to develop your society's offer and to enhance your members' experience.
Maximum available sum per request: £400 (due to funding from the College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, and the College of Health and Life Sciences CEDPS and CHLS Academic societies are not limited to this amount and can request more than £400).
Please note, each society can submit as many applications as they wish but will only be eligible for a maximum of two successful bids per term (not applicable to CEDPS or CHLS Academic societies).
Guidance notes can be found at this link, which will help with your application: https://brunelstudents.com/resources/studentactivities/societiesannualgrantfunding/
ONE BRUNEL FUNDING - This form is also used to allocate One Brunel Funding - the £400 limit does not apply to One Brunel Form. Please complete the below with all the details of your proposed activity.
This form should take 20 minutes to complete. You can also "Save and Resume" this form.
• The applicant completing the form is the 2019-2020 Chair/President or Treasurer of the society; only one application will be considered per society
• The application must support the aims of the society, as stated within the society's 2019-2020 constitution
• The application must clearly outline the ways in which the society plans to increase student engagement or membership satisfaction
• The application must have a clear plan of how the money will be spent and the strategies in place to ensure that it stands the best chance of successfully delivering the proposed activity
• The application must indicate how success will be measured, and what will constitute a successful delivery
• The application must be submitted within the relevant time frame to allow for all union procedures to be met with regards to the activity that the funding is supporting
• The Union will not allocate funding retrospectively
e.g. Chair, Treasurer
Brunel University Email:
This Form is for Societies Only. Not Sports Clubs (Sailing, Basketball, Rugby)
Are you applying for One Brunel Funding (this is a separate funding pot available to 3+ societies that are working together to deliver a large scale event that encourages cultural integration).
Please tick to confirm the following:
The event or activity is open to all Brunel Students
3+ societies are involved in the organisation of the event
The event will look to engage at least 150+ students
Please give the name of each society involved in organising the event and a lead contact for each one:
This section will ask questions about your Society.
Is your society a CEDPS academic society?
Is your society a CHLS academic society?
What can't we request funding for? - Academic Society Funding
Are you applying for more than £1000 funding (or will this funding request take you over £1000 total for the year?)
As you are applying for over £1000 you will need to demonstrate high levels of college engagement. Please give details as to how this funding will help you to engage with the college, and any conversations you have had with the college with regards to implementing this activity.
Some ideas regarding college engagement include (but are not limited to):
o Open day activity
o Teaching events
o Engaging external speakers/CPD events
o Delivering or participating in end of year shows
If you have spoken to a contact at the college already regarding this engagement, please provide a contact.
What can't we request funding for?
Please upload your society's Constitution. A template can found here: https://brunelstudents.com/resources/studentactivities/
What is your Membership Fee for the year 2018/19?
If your Society is free to join, just put "£0"
Do you have First Aiders in your Society?
It's good practice to have First Aiders within your Society