In consideration of being allowed to participate in any club or organization that is sponsored or organized by Lock Haven University Student Auxiliary Services, Inc. (“SAS”), and any events and activities sponsored by SAS, and intending to be legally bound, the undersigned (on behalf of himself or herself, and his or her personal representatives, assigns, and heirs) agrees that:
1. Prior to participating in any Activity (as defined below), the undersigned will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, he or she will immediately advise a coach, supervisor, advisor, or SAS representative of such conditions.
2. He or she acknowledges and fully understands that by engaging in athletic activities, clubs, organizations, or other participatory activities sponsored by SAS (each, an “Activity” or collectively, “Activities”), he or she, and each participant, will engage in activities that involve risk of foreseeable and unforeseeable serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death, and may result in significant social and economic losses; such injuries and losses may result from the participant’s own actions or inactions, or the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the condition of the premises on which such Activities occur, or from the use (improper or otherwise) of any equipment, or from other conditions that may occur during the course of the Activity.
3. The undersigned assumes all of the foregoing risks and accepts personal responsibility for all losses, costs, and damages that may occur as the result of the undersigned’s participation in SAS Activities, including losses and damages associated with injury, permanent disability, or death.
4. The undersigned hereby generally releases, waives, discharges, and agrees not to sue SAS, its affiliated clubs and organizations (including the directors, officers, agents, administrators, and representatives of any of the foregoing entities), and any coaches, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Activity (all of whom are hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”), from any and all liability, demands, claims, suits, losses, or damages incurred as the result of the undersigned participation in any Activity (or caused, or alleged to be caused, in whole or in part, by the negligence of the Releasees).
5. If the undersigned, or anyone on the undersigned’s behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the undersigned will indemnify, save and hold harmless, each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any of the Releasees may incur as the result of such claim.