I authorize The Ontario Soccer Association to collect and use personal information about me, including name, address, email, telephone number, cell phone number, sex, age, date of birth, health card number (optional), medical history (optional) and any other additional information required by the Club for its own needs for the following purposes:
a) Receiving communications from The Ontario Soccer Association;
b) Receiving information from The Ontario Soccer Association’s sponsors;
c) Ensuring appropriate age group and category;
d) Determining eligibility;
e) Media relations and publishing sports information;
f) In the case of medical emergencies;
g) Determining membership demographics and program wants and needs;
h) Player Identification/Recruitment; and
i) Posting rosters, statistics, images and results on website of The Ontario Soccer Association
I also authorize The Ontario Soccer Association to disclose my personal Information to the Canadian Soccer Association, District Association, Leagues and Tournament Host Organizations for the purpose of annual demographic reporting, registration, posting competition information, organizational needs and to communicate with registrants about soccer programs, events and activities; ITSportsnet; and third party agent to solely facilitate direct mailings from The Ontario Soccer Association.
I consent to The Ontario Soccer Association to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of me and to use these in any and all media, including The Ontario Soccer Association’s website.
I understand that I may withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of my personal information at any time by contacting The Ontario Soccer Association’s Privacy Officer at 905 264 9390 or email at OSAprivacyOfficer@soccer.on.ca.
I have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement, and by signing it voluntarily, I am agreeing to abide by these terms
ALL SPORT, INCLUDING SOCCER, HAS ITS RISKS
I participate in the sport of soccer because it is physically and mentally challenging. In consideration of my participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards of soccer include, but are not limited to:
• Injuries from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer;
• Injuries from training including weights, running, and massage;
• Injuries from grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
• Injuries resulting from falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
• Injuries from collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
• Injuries resulting from failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
• Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
• Injuries from extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
• Injuries from contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
• Injuries resulting from vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
• Injuries from exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
• Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
Furthermore, I am aware:
• That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
• That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected touching;
• That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
• That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules established for participation; and
• That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
I AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF
I am participating voluntarily in these activities, events and programs. I agree that there are risks in soccer as described above. By participating voluntarily in these events, activities and programs, I am exposed to these risks and hazards. I agree to accept them and be responsible for any injury or other loss which I might receive while participating in these events, activities and programs.
If something happens to me, I release the organizers of responsibility for any claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my participation. In this Agreement I understand “organizers” to mean: Ontario Soccer Association, its directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, officials, participants, District Association, League, Clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of the facility, and representatives.
In consideration of the acceptance of my
membership in The Ontario Soccer Association, I, the participant and
parent/guardian if under 18, agree as follows:
1. I understand that I cannot play in any sanctioned soccer game until this registration form has been validated and the registration data has been entered in The Ontario Soccer Association’s computerized registration system.
2. I have reviewed the waiver/participation agreement attached and my signature affixed hereto indicates my agreement with such waiver/participation agreement.
3. To abide by the published rules of The Ontario Soccer Association, my District Association (specify the name of your District Association), my League, and my Club (specify the name of your Club).
4. I am aware of The Ontario Soccer Association’s published rules and agree to be bound by them.
5. I am sole responsibility for my/child/ward personal possessions and athletic equipment.
6. I accept liability for any damage to the playing equipment caused by my careless, negligent and/or improper handling.