2019 Shepherdstown Christmas Parade Entry Form
Parade: Saturday, December 7, 10:00 am
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, December 4
This year's Christmas in Shepherdstown celebrations will again include a festive Christmas parade. This year's parade is being sponsored by the Shepherdstown Visitors Center and organized by the Rotary Club of Shepherdstown.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE START TIME OF THIS YEAR'S PARADE IS 10:00 A.M.
Join in the fun by being part of the parade! Here's what to do:
1. Choose a parade representative—This person will be responsible for completing your group's Parade Entry Form and for handling all communication between your group and the parade committee. All details regarding the parade will be sent to this person. It will be their responsibility to share this information with your group's members.
2. Complete the Parade Registration Form that follows below and return via email by clicking "send email" below. Or print a copy and send it via US Mail to the following address:
Rotary Club of Shepherdstown
P.O. Box 603
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
3. Clearly label your entry with the name of your organization or group.
4. Include the type of your parade entry, such as "band," "horse and carriage," "antique automobile," "person riding in car," "walking group," "float," etc. (Please bring extra adults for large groups of children to ensure their safety; entries involving animals will be required to include immediate clean-up to follow behind the entry, i.e. pooper scoopers.)
5. Include a brief announcement for the parade announcer to read. Parade committee has the right to edit this description for appropriate content and length.
6. NO ALCOHOL
7. PEASE REMEMBER: THROWING CANDY TO PARADE CROWDS IS PROHIBITED BY THE TOWN OF SHEPHERDSTOWN.
8. ALSO PLEASE REMEMBER: THE PARADE WILL START AT 10:00 AM. The parade will form up beginning at 8:30 am on Church Street. When the parade starts at 10:00 am, it will proceed down German Street to Princess Street and end there. On the morning of the parade, your parade representative should check in with the Parade Coordinator at the corner of Church and German streets by 9:30 am.
9. Parade entries with vehicles should enter the parade lineup at the south end of Church Street (from Duke Street, take Minden Street one block east to Church); volunteers will be on hand to direct you to your lineup position.
10. Parade entries will be allowed to stop and “perform” for a maximum of 1 minute at the intersection of German and King streets.
11. Detailed parade lineup instructions will be emailed or mailed to the representative of each entry.
I have read and understand all information pertaining to the 2019 Shepherdstown Christmas parade.
Organization or Group Name:
Parade Contact Name:
(This is vital in order to receive last minute updates; your number will not be shared)
Parade Contact Email
(This is vital in order to receive last minute updates; it will not be shared, either)
Type of Parade Entry
Check all that apply. This will be used to plan space and order of parade line up.
Entries with Animals: I agree to make arrangements to immediately clean up after any animals that are a part of our entry by having a designee following our entry.
Information for parade announcer:
Write exactly what you would like the parade announcer to read as your parade entry approaches the center of town. (The Parade Committee has the right to edit descriptions for appropriate content and length.)
Have questions? Please list them in the space below or contact email@example.com or call Peter Smith at 304-876-1139.