Archaeological Technician Employment Application
Please upload your CV/Resume
Please upload other application materials (optional)
Anchorage & surrounding areas
Fairbanks & surrounding areas
1. Describe the general excavation of a shovel probe. How would you differentiate between strata during excavation?
2. Do you have experience using tablets, GPS units, and/or computer software in relation to cultural resource management or other jobs? What programs are you comfortable using?
3. Do you have any monitoring experience? If so, on what types of projects? If not, are you comfortable working around heavy machinery?
4. Do you have any experience with excavating test units? If so, for what type of project and where?
5. Do you have any artifact analysis experience? Are you more familiar with precontact or historic artifacts?
6. What training have you completed in the previous 2 years (24-40 hour HAZWOPER, First Aid, CPR, wilderness safety training/aid, bear safety, shotgun safety, other)?
Archaeological Technician Required Qualifications
1. Do you have a B.A./B.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field, or completion of an archaeological field school, or demonstrated experience participating in scientific research in Alaska or demonstrated experience conducting manual
2. Can you carry up to 50lbs of equipment while walking an average of 3 consecutive miles per day across uneven terrain, with or without a reasonable accommodation?
I attest that the above statements, resume, and qualification questions are true and I understand that misrepresentation of my education and experience will disqualify me from employment a NLURA.