ASSUMPTION OF COVID-19 RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Majestic Massage & Spa
2900 N Oak St. Myrtle Beach SC
Majestic Massage and Day Spa (“the Spa”) has reopened to provide clients with massage and facial services (“the Services”) pursuant to applicable law at a time when exposure to and infection by the COVID-19 virus remains a risk for the Spa’s employees and clients alike. While the Spa will do its best to maintain a clean and safe environment, it cannot guarantee that a Client will not be exposed to or infected by the COVID-19 virus and/or other similar conditions (collectively, “the Virus”). The Spa has posted guidelines based on government and professional recommendations to ensure best practices (“the Guidelines”). The Spa is only willing to provide a client with Services on the condition that the Client:
a) represents that he/she is safe to provide Services upon,
b) acknowledges the risks associated by engaging the Spa’s Services at this time,
c) adheres to the Guidelines, and
d) assumes all risk of exposure to and infection by the Virus while at the Spa.
Therefore, in consideration for the foregoing, Client hereby represents, acknowledges, and agrees that he/she:
1. Is not infected with the Virus and has not been in contact with anyone who has contracted the Virus within the last fourteen (14) days.
2. Has not experienced any symptoms associated with the Virus within the last fourteen (14) days, including fever, chills, loss of appetite, smell, or taste, headaches, and the like.
3. Agrees to take reasonable measures to protect him/herself from exposure to the Virus while at the Spa, including following the Spa’s Guidelines.
4. Understands that, despite the Spa’s best practices, the Spa cannot guarantee the safety of its Clients or that its premises are Virus-free,
and that the risk of being exposed to and contracting the Virus while engaged in close-contact activity at the Spa is real and actual.
5. Assumes all risk of exposure to and infection by the Virus, and accepts sole responsibility for and any illness, injury, death, expense, loss, or
other damage experienced by him/herself as the result of being exposed to or infected by the Virus (“Claims”).
6. Agrees not to sue, and forever releases, discharges, and holds harmless the Spa, its officers, agents, representatives, and employees
independent contractors from any and all Claims arising out of or related to my voluntary engagement of the Spa’s Services.