Fall 2022 Enrichment Registration & Agreement
Fall enrichment classes at The Children's School will run from September 19 through December 9, 2022. Please check the Schedule of Classes for the exact dates and times of each class, as there are a few exceptions to these dates.
PLEASE READ AND SIGN BELOW:
Please complete one registration form per student.
Classes are open only to students currently enrolled at TCS.
Preschool classes are during the outside playtime and start at 12:15pm. All other classes begin at 3:15 pm.
Camps will be run according to guidance from our legal counsel, as well as state and local agencies regarding the Covid-19 outbreak.
The undersigned parents/legal guardians (“Parents”) enter into this Registration Agreement (“Agreement”) on behalf of themselves and their student whose name is set forth below (“Student”), for Student’s participation in The Children’s School (“School”) Enrichment Program (“Enrichment Program”) on School’s campus. Parents agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement as set forth below.
1. Informed & Voluntary Consent. Parents understand that Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program is strictly voluntary. Parents voluntarily choose to consent to Student participating in the Enrichment Program and acknowledge that Parents’ consent will allow Student to participate in all Enrichment Program activities, including, but not limited to, dancing, trips away from the School’s campus, educational programing, singing, sports, computer programming, video-games, arts and crafts, performing, and movie-making.
2. Enrichment Program Fees. Parents agree to pay to the School at the time of registration the total amount of fees for the Enrichment Program sessions Parents select below as indicated in the “Total” below (“Enrichment Program Fees”). Parents acknowledge and agree that any changes initiated by Parents to the Enrichment Program sessions Parents select after Parents complete registration, are subject to a $25 fee for each change. Parents further acknowledge and agree that Parents are not entitled to a refund of the Enrichment Program Fees paid by Parents in the event they cancel or withdraw Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program.
3. Refund Policy. The School reserves the right to cancel or alter the Enrichment Program or any Enrichment Program session at any time. If the School cancels or alters the Enrichment Program or any Enrichment Program session, the School will make efforts to schedule Student in an adequate alternative Enrichment Program session. If an adequate alternative Enrichment Program session is not available, the School will provide Parents a proportionate refund of any unused portions of the Enrichment Program Fees paid by Parents. If the School postpones or cancels the Enrichment Program or any Enrichment Program session due to COVID-19 related reasons as determined by the School, the School will provide Parents a proportionate refund of any unused portions of the Enrichment Program Fees paid by Parents.
4. Student Conduct. Parents understand and agree that Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program is contingent upon Student meeting the School’s standards of acceptable behavior and citizenship. Parents understand and agree that the School may remove Student from the Enrichment Program at any time if Students fails to meet the School’s standards of acceptable behavior and citizenship at the School’s sole discretion, and that Parents are not entitled to a refund of the Enrichment Program Fees paid by Parents in such event.
5. COVID-19 Rules & Precautions. Parents understand that School has implemented safety rules and precautions in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, which the School may modify from time to time in the School’s sole discretion. However, those measures do not completely protect against the spread of COVID-19. Parents agree that they and Student must comply with such rules and precautions, which may include, but are not limited to, face coverings, hand washing, hand sanitizing, testing, quarantining, symptom screening, and physical distancing. Parents agree that if Student is exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness, a fever of 100ºF or higher, or any other known symptoms of COVID-19, Student will not participate in or return to the Enrichment Program until Student has satisfied the School’s policy to return to campus after exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Parents agree that they will immediately inform the School if Student tests positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 14 days. Parents understand that if they or Student fails to comply with these rules and precautions, Student will be prohibited from participating in the Enrichment Program, and that Parents are not entitled to a refund of the Enrichment Program Fees paid by Parents in such event. Parents acknowledge that even if they and Student follow all rules and precautions and exercise utmost personal care, there will remain a certain irreducible inherent risk to them and Student, and they accept that risk.
6. Acknowledgement & Assumption of Risk. Parents acknowledge and agree that there are many inherent risks, known and unknown, involved with Student participating in the Enrichment Program, including, but not limited to: exposure to or infection of COVID-19 or other infectious disease, which may result in minor to severe illness, injury, disability, and/or death and/or development of serious complications, including, but not limited to, Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (“MIS-C”); minor to severe physical, emotional, or psychological illness, injury, disability, and/or death; damage to or loss of personal property; trips, falls, sprains, bruises, and broken bones; dangers inherent in trips away from the School campus, including, but not limited to, transportation to/from the trip and being in a place open to the public. Parents expressly assume responsibility for all risks and dangers associated with Student participating in the Enrichment Program whether or not described in this Agreement, known or unknown, or inherent or otherwise.
7. Voluntary Release. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Parents on their own behalf, on behalf of Student, and on behalf of their successors, heirs, and assigns, voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish all claims, including but not limited to, claims of personal injury or illness, emotional distress, property damage or wrongful death occurring to Student, and claims for personal injury, disability, illness, damage or death from exposure to COVID-19, whether such exposure occurs before, during, or after Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program (“Claims”) against the School, its officers, trustees, directors, employees, volunteers, insurers, agents, and representatives (collectively “Released Parties” and individually “Released Party”) arising out of a Released Party’s ordinary negligence relating to or connected with Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program.
8. Release from Third-Party Liability. Parents understand that the School is not an agent of, and has no responsibility for, any third party, including without limitation any sponsor or entity that may provide any services, hospitality, public and/or private transportation, equipment, training or activities associated with the Enrichment Program. Parents hereby relieve the Released Parties from any and all claims arising out of such third party liability, events, acts, or omissions.
9. Indemnification & Hold Harmless. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Parents on their own behalf, on behalf of Student, and on behalf of their successors, heirs, and assigns, agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Released Parties, and each of them, harmless from and against any and all Claims to the extent such Claims are caused by or arise out of Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program.
10. Medical Care. Parents agree that any employee, volunteer, representative, or agent of the School may provide first aid to Student and may consent to the administration of medical or dental care to the Student and the transportation of Student to a hospital or other medical or dental facility as deemed appropriate. Parents understand that School does not carry or maintain health, medical or disability insurance coverage for Student, and Parents therefore agree to assume the responsibility for such insurance coverage for the Student and for the cost of any medical or dental care administered to Student.
11. Publications & Recordings. Parents authorize the School to photograph and/or to make video or audio recordings of Student, or to use Student’s name, voice, signature, photograph or likeness, in any and all School publications or promotions in any media whatsoever, for any period of time that may extend beyond Student’s participation in the Enrichment Program, and without compensation from the School.
PARENTS HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS OF THEMSELVES AND STUDENT, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PARENTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY AND INTEND THEIR SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
By electronically signing this Agreement and clicking the “Submit” button below, you agree that:
a) You have read and accepted all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
b) The name appearing or typed by you in the signature block below is your name and you are the person identified in the signature block;
c) You wish to submit this Agreement electronically, and the name appearing or typed by you in the signature block below constitutes your binding legal signature (“ESignature”) for this purpose; and
d) Your ESignature legally binds you to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.