Describe when and where, ie school, work, etc.
Here are some reasons to consider.
I Want to look, feel, and be healthier?
• My chances of having cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, stroke, cataracts, and other diseases will lessen considerably.
• I will be less likely to catch colds or the flu and will be able to recover quicker if I do become ill.
• I will breathe easier and cough less.
• My blood pressure will go down.
• My skin will look healthier and I will look more youthful.
• My teeth and fingernails will not be stained.
• I won't smell of tobacco
• I won't have bad breath.
Quitting will make you feel better and improve your health. But there are other reasons to quit that you might not have thought about.
Want a better lifestyle?
• I will have more money to spend.
• I can spend more time with family, catch up on work, or dive into my favourite hobby.
• I won't have to worry about when I can smoke next or where I can or can't smoke.
• My food will taste better.
• My clothes will smell better.
• My car‚ home‚ and kids won't smell like smoke.
• I will be able to smell food, flowers, and other things better.
• "I feel wonderful, can breathe, and I can hold my children or grandchildren without having to change my smoky clothes."
Want a better family life?
• I will set a great example for my kids; it takes a lot of strength to quit.
• My friends, family, work colleagues, and other loved ones will be proud of me.
• I will protect my friends and family from the dangers of secondhand smoke.
• My children will be healthier.
• I will have more energy to do the things I love with friends and family.
• I will get healthy to make sure I am around to share in my family's special moments.
The list detailing why you want to become a non-smoker, keep in a place where you will see it often, like your car or where you used to keep your cigarettes. When you feel the urge to smoke, take a look at the list to remind yourself why you want to quit.
When you return to being a non-smoker you will have more money to spend on other things. Take a few moments to calculate your savings over the next year and think aboiut what you would like to use that money for.