2020 YALSA Young Adult Services Symposium Program Proposal
Biggest Little Spaces: How Libraries Serve the Expanding Worlds of Teens
Through inclusive programming, diverse collections, outreach, advocacy, and partnerships, libraries offer safe spaces for teens. Do your programs and services meet the complex and diverse needs of contemporary young adults? Does your teen section or YA collection need a refresh? Have you found partnerships to encourage and advocate for young adults? Join YALSA for our 10th Symposium in Reno, Nevada as we discuss the literature, activities, and the biggest little places needed to serve and inspire today’s teens.
Reno, NV, November 6-8, 2020
Call for Program Proposals: A program will last approximately 60 minutes and will take place on November 7 between 8am and 5pm or on November 8 between 8 am and 12 pm.
• All session proposals must be received by February 15, 2020.
• All applicants will be notified if their program was accepted or not the week of April 15, 2020.
• All presenters must register at the reduced presenter rate ($69) for the Symposium by September 1, 2020
• All presenters must fund all their travel costs to the symposium.
• Only one session proposal per person will be accepted.
• For questions, please contact Nichole O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.545.2433 x4387