Emergency Child Care Application
This online request form is for those workers deemed essential by the Province of Ontario for the provision of emergency child care when they have to report to work at their regular work site (i.e not working from home), and have no alternative to child care. Child care locations will be opened in the Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board area in response to local need for this purpose. For clarification on whether or not you are deemed essential, please go to the MSDSB website for the full list.
Please read carefully before completing your application.
This online request form is for those workers deemed essential by the Province of Ontario for the provision of emergency child care when they have to report to work at their regular work site (i.e not working from home), and have no other alternative for care of their child.
If deemed eligible for Emergency Child Care, your family will be placed at one of the sites with consideration given to both your home and work location. For health and safety reasons and to limit exposure, siblings will all be enrolled at the same room at the centre.
• Little Current Daycare (Manitoulin Family Resources), Little Current Public School
• Our Children Our Future / Nos enfants, notre avenir, Sacred Heart Catholic School.
Spaces are limited.
Important Information about Emergency Child Care
● Parents/visitors will not be able to enter the childcare centre. This is non-negotiable. This m eans that after daily screening, children, regardless of their age will be expected to separate from their parent/guardian outside or in a foyer.
● Children will be screened every day and will not be able to attend if they have any symptoms of COVID-19—fever, cough, difficulty breathing; have been in known contact with someone who is self-isolating, or who is positive for COVID-19. In this situation, the childcare space will be released to the next eligible family and you will be eligible to reapply for Emergency Child Care once deemed safe to do so based on directives from Public Health Sudbury and Districts.
● Your child will be exposed to up to 5 staff and up to 10 children daily. These children may be different depending on parents’ schedules and even though every effort will be made to have consistent staff with your child/children, extended hours and longer shifts may make this impossible.
If you feel like the Emergency Child Care Program could meet your needs, please proceed to the application.
I acknowledge that I have read the above information and want to proceed with this Emergency Child Care application
Yes I acknowledge