CVS Health Foundation is again partnering with the National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics (NAFC) in a Coordinated Care for Improved Health Outcomes Grant program, making one-year grants available to Free and Charitable Clinics, Charitable Pharmacies and State Associations that are members in good standing of the NAFC.
Scope of Grants
Coordinated Care for Improved Health Outcomes funding will be focused on programs or projects which combat one or both of the following disease states for the medically underserved in their communities:
Applications must be completed and submitted by 3:00pm Eastern Time (12:00pm Pacific Time) on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Questions on content for this grant application will be accepted until 5:00pm Eastern Time (2:00pm Pacific Time) on October 14, 2016 and then the period of questions on content will close.
All applicants are strongly urged to review the NAFC Grant Handbook http://bit.ly/2d5GIoI
to assist with this process.
Amount and Use of Grant Funds
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 per organization will be awarded depending on the scope of the project and related budget justification. The award will cover a one-year period from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
Grants cannot be used for the following:
• Debt retirement
• Costs already encumbered or to be reimbursed
• Lobbying and political activities
• Capital campaigns/improvements
• Evangelical work by religious organizations
• Scholarships for individuals
• Fundraising drives/events
• Events/Conferences production
• Endowment funds
• Capital improvements projects
• Consulting Fees
• Dental stand-alone projects
• Health Fairs
• Health Literacy stand-alone projects
• Meeting or Event Sponsorship
• Medication only requests
• Medical or office supply only requests
• Membership dues
• Mental health stand-alone projects
• Registration fees for meetings
Notification of the Award decisions will be made no later than December 31, 2017.
• The organization must be a member in good standing of the NAFC.
• If the organization applying is a Free or Charitable Clinic, it must have a clinical team led by a Chief Medical Officer/Medical Director.
• The organization must designate a Project Director for this grant program.
• The organization must report results of the program at the 6 month mark and at year’s end. The organization must provide success stories to the NAFC and CVS Health Foundation about the programs, patients served, caregivers and providers involved.
• The organization must utilize the funds for only the project that is approved, any use of funds on other projects or programs will immediately disqualify the Clinic from the rest of the grant period and all funds will need to be returned.
• The organization must not make any changes to the grant scope without approval of the NAFC and the CVS Health Foundation.
• If the application includes a request for funds to hire a staff member, there must be a plan in place to have a staff member hired within the first three months of the grant award.
• Organizations who have received a CVS community award are eligible to apply for this grant.
• Organizations who were awarded the Coordinated Care for Improved Health Outcomes grant in the past are eligible to apply for this grant.
• Applications will be accepted through this online grant application program through the form below.
• Applications will be scored on a 100-point system and the point values will be clearly defined in the applications.
• Faxed, emailed or mailed submissions WILL NOT be accepted.
• No brochures, attachments, videos or additional material will be accepted with the grant application.
• All sections must be answered in full and must follow the instructions or applications will be eliminated.
• The applicant organization will receive notification of NAFC’s receipt of the application; without receipt of the completed typed application, the grant will not be considered.
• You will be able to click on "Save & Resume" at the bottom of this application in order to come back to it later, once clicked, the next screen will provide you with a link specific to you so that you can go back into your saved application. Please save this link. If you lose it, or if it doesn't work for you for whatever reason, please email Ariana Gordillo at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be able to send you your link.
About the Funder
CVS Health Foundation is the private foundation of CVS Health whose mission is “to give back to the communities in which we live and work through charitable contributions, colleague engagement and by raising awareness of important issues impacting neighborhoods across the country”. As a national leader in health care, CVS Health’s purpose is to help people on their path to better health. The Company’s philanthropic giving supports programs that address health and healthcare issues, including offering much-needed support for medical services for the most at-risk populations. For more information, please visit: https://cvshealth.com/social-responsibility/our-giving/foundation-giving