Volunteer Care and Service Survey
Thanks for considering specific ways that you can use your gifts and abilities to care for members of our church family. Please take a few minutes to check which specific care categories you would be willing to help serve in. The last category is “other” and will provide an opportunity for you to add any service categories not already mentioned.
By completing this survey, you are agreeing to add your name to a list (not public) to be used by the Director of Congregational Care & Counseling and a few other caregivers, who would contact you for possible service and ministry to an individual or family in need. Additionally, you will not be expected to provide the service or meet the need on every occasion, but rather you would agree to be contacted by email, text or phone when the need arises. This process will be evaluated annually.
Check the options you are willing to serve in.
1. FOOD/MEALS: This category could include preparing meals, preparing freezer meals, delivering meals, and/or grocery shopping.
2. HOME CARE: This category could include cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, and/or laundry.
3. CHILDCARE: This category could include taking care of children, planning a birthday party for child if parents are in difficult time, transporting child to school or activities, etc.
4. TRANSPORTATION: This category could include driving to appointments, rides to church, and/or errands.
5. LAWN/YARD CARE: This category could include mowing, weeding, mulching, raking leaves, trimming shrubs, snow removal, etc.
6. PET CARE: This category could include walking dog, cleaning litter box, feeding pets.
7. RELATIONAL SUPPORT: This category could include listening, praying, encouraging, and/or visiting at hospital.
8. MUSIC: This category could include providing encouragement and comfort through music.
9. IN-HOME CARE: This category could include helping an individual with personal care and/or assisting with mobility.
10. FINANCIAL COUNSEL: This category could include budget assistance.
11. SERVING CHILDREN/ADULTS WITH DISABILITIES: This category could include companionship and/or respite care for family.
12. COMPUTER/TECHNICAL SERVICES: This category could include helping with basic computer operations, setting up a blog such as Caring Bridge, assisting with simple email and phone issues.
13. HOME REPAIR: This category could include painting, small renovations, and/or simple repairs.
14. CAR MAINTENANCE: This category could include oil and other fluid changes, changing tires, replacing headlights, replacing windshield wipers.
15. OTHER: If there are other areas in which you would like to serve, please list in the box below.
16. MOVING TEAM: This category could include providing a truck and/or loading/unloading boxes/furniture.