Books à la Carte
Complete the following form and we will get back to you within 7 days with at least 3-5 reading recommendations. If you want a fiction and a nonfiction book please fill out two separate forms (one for each). The more information you provide, the better!
3. This service is for Bedford Library cardholders. Please enter you BPL card number:
4. Please Choose One
Fiction (Skip to 5)
5. If you chose non-fiction, please describe the subject that interests you. Because the book recommendation list we will send you is limited to about 5 titles, please do not list more than one or two subjects.
Skip to 12.
6. Please rate your interest in the following genres an subjects.
7. What are your favorite things about the genre(s) you chose?
8. What do you like least about the genre(s) you chose?
9. What was the title/author of the book you read that you really liked? What did you like about it?
10. What was the title/author of the last book you read and didn't like? What did you not like about it?
11. What are you in the mood to read? (Please select any and all that apply.)
[To select multiple choices hold down the CTRL key and select each choice.]
Gripes & Requests
12. Please indicate the content you'd like to avoid (No Thanks) or if it Doesn't Matter. (Staff will do our best to avoid recommending books that include the topics you don't want but we cannot always guarantee its exclusion completely.)
Main Character Death
13. Do you have a format preference?
Large Print Book
Digital (ebook or eaudio)
14. Do you want the main character to have a specific characteristic, ethnicity, or cultural background? If so, please specify here. Leave blank if you have no preference.
15. Is there anything else we should know about what you are looking for or your preference?
16. The Library might like to publicly share the reading suggestions we offer you for this submission. We will NOT share your name - only the reading "theme" you gave us and our suggested titles for others who might also enjoy them.