LSWO Student Poster Session - Portland 2023
Social Work students from accredited schools of social work are invited to submit poster sessions to present at the Latino Social Workers Organization (LSWO) Conference in Portland, Oregon. This conference is in collaboration with Portland State University School of Social Work.
This conference will take place on May 18-20, 2023. The deadline for submitting your poster session is March 16, 2023. Return to the www.lswo2023.com website and post your proposal by this date.
All students who have an approved poster will receive a reduced fee for the conference of $35.00. This fee can possible be paid for by your School of Social Work.
A poster session is a presentation of information on a series of posters that may include drawings, photographs, charts, graphs, and textual data relating to a specific subject. All poster sessions should connect with social work practice within the Latinx communities. (Micro/Mezzo/Macro)
Students are highly encouraged to seek out a faculty member at their School of Social Work to consult with, prior to submitting their proposal online. If applicants do not have someone to consult with at their university, email the LSWO at email@example.com, and we will have one of our LSWO Mentors contact you, and provide you more information on how to develop a poster session.
Guidelines for Approved Student Poster Sessions
1. Each poster session author(s) will be provided with poster board upon arrival to the Conference Site. Authors are responsible for mounting their own material at least one hour prior to the opening of the session, and for removing it at the end of the day. Posters left up past that time will be discarded.
2. All illustrations, charts, etc., to be posted, should be prepared in advance as materials for these purposes will not be available at the conference site.
3. Lettering on illustrations should be large, legible, and can be readable. Photographs should be a minimum of 5 x 7 inches. Material should be displayed in logical sequence (introduction, development, and conclusion).
4. The effectiveness of a poster presentation will be enhanced by using techniques such as mounting the sheets on colored construction paper, etc., to improve the graphic impact. Please note, however, that simplicity, ease of reading, etc., are more important than artistic flair. Illustrations should not be mounted on heavy stock as this could make them difficult to mount on poster boards.
5. Avoid overcrowding figures and cramming too many numbers into tables. Legends and titles should accompany all figures, tables, photographs, etc. in order to allow their immediate identification.
6. Acknowledge your School Affiliation/Logo and names of any faculty members that assisted you. (Optional)
Note: Many universities have copy departments, and you can seek their advice on how to create and format a poster for printing, as well as speaking with your faculty advisor. Also, consider consulting with your University Librarian who specializes in Social Work.
Poster sessions are taking place on May 18 and 19th, 2023.
If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at the LSWO National 2023 Conference at Portland State University School of Social Work on May 18-20, 2023.
Primary Contact for Poster Session
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Sao Tome and Principe
United Republic of Tanzania
Country / Region
Share the State where you have licensure (If applicable, not required for poster sessions.)
SW License Number (if applicable, not required for student poster sessions.)
Personal Email Address
School Email Address
School of Social Work affiliation.
2nd Student for Poster Session (Poster sessions can have up to 2 students)
Faculty adviser (Share the name of faculty member advising you, if applicable)
Title of Poster Session
Providing 4 learning objectives of poster session:
Brief Overview of Poster Session
Attach Poster Session Title and supporting abstract/document.
Attach your Resume