Leader Application - Class of 2024
All Applications must be received by Friday, December 14th, 2018
☐ Part I – Student Information Form
☐ Part II – Parent/Guardian Information Form
☐ Part III – Additional Information
☐ Part IV – Supplements (See below)
• Three Short Answer Questions
• Two Student Essays
• Parent Essay (Optional)
• Signed Academic Release of Information Form
The following information is required for the application but IS NOT on this EmailMe form.
1) Student Records - Transcript for 6th and 7th Grade (These materials can usually be obtained through your school secretary or counselor)
• Grades (6th and 7th grade)
• Attendance (6th and 7th grade)
• Math / Communication MAP Scores (6th Grade Only)
2) Two completed Teacher Recommendations
ABOUT WYMAN LEADERS:
Beginning in 7th grade, we empower our leaders to emerge as a collective of lifelong leaders in service of powerful change by providing them with preparation, access, and support throughout a transformative educational journey.
From 7th grade through post-secondary, we:
● Recruit high potential, underserved students from St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and Jefferson County.
● Prepare them for high school and post-secondary success.
● Provide assistance navigating the high school selection process.
● Support leaders in realizing ongoing academic success in high school.
● Support leaders in applying, selecting, and succeeding in a post-secondary option of their choice.
● Empower students to emerge as leaders in their high schools, colleges and communities.
Student must currently be in 7th grade, must be a resident of St. Louis City, St. Louis County, or Jefferson County.
We look for students who meet most or all of the following criteria:
● Strong commitment to programming and academic potential.
● Two teacher recommendations that indicate the student is diligent, hardworking, and demonstrates leadership potential.
● Two student essays demonstrating grit, character, and leadership.
CLASS OF 2024 ADMISSIONS TIMELINE
• Feb 1st - Applications Due
• Feb 24th - Interview
• April 6th, 13th - Prep Academy Term Zero
• June 3rd- July 3rd - Prep Academy Summer Term
*The Wyman team only interviews candidates who advance past the application phase.
Interview sessions last approximately two hours. The first part of the interview involves candidates working in a group with other young people. The second part of the interview involves the candidate participating in an individual interview. Concurrently there is a parent information session. The group interview is an active process and while Wyman has taken precautions to provide proper organization and supervision for each activity, it is impossible to guarantee absolute safety.
Date of Birth
Middle School Attended
Please list all middle schools.
Please write all different ethnic groups that describe you.
City/Country of Birth
Country of Birth
Language(s) Spoken at Home