1. I am 19 years of age or older.
2. I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of The Humane Society of West Alabama (HSWA) while I am a volunteer.
3. I understand and assume the risks of being bitten, scratched, injured, or frightened by cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies in connection with my volunteer activities for HSWA, unless they are the result of HSWA's gross negligence or intentional misconduct. I will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HSWA from and against any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs or expenses whatsoever, sustained by any companion animal or any person in connection with my intentional misconduct or grossly negligent performance of volunteer activities for HSWA or my breach of HSWA's rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
4. I understand and agree that HSWA may reject volunteer applications for any reason.
5. I have accurately and truthfully completed this Volunteer Application. This agreement is binding upon HSWA, me and HSWA's and my respective heirs, successors, assigns, executors, and personal representatives.