Kalev Pugi Fund Application
-Participants have until August 21st to submit their application.
- Candidates must be playing under the Canadian flag (as shown on the FIDE website).
- Candidates shall not receive a bursary two years in a row.
- Candidates must be aged under 18 years old as of July 1st.
- The application must be used to help offset travel costs associated with a chess competition.
- The competition must have been held in the last 365 days (between July 1st 2019 and June 30 2020).
- Candidates must have played in at least 5 CFC rated games in the past 365 days.
- An online form will be made available during the application period. Applicants shall also be given the opportunity to apply through the CFC office.
- Bursaries will be allocated according to the following criteria :
o Player’s ranking for his/her age group
o Recent results
o Motivations to participate in the event
o Calibre of the event
o Title/norm possibilities
o Financial need
- In the past, annual income of the Pugi Fund was divided to fund equal bursaries of roughly $300, awarded to different eligible Canadian players. The committee reserve the right to fund more/less bursaries depending on the applicant pool.
Player's first name
CFC Regular Rating (as of July 1st, 2020)
FIDE Regular Rating (as of July 1st, 2020)
Any other relevant rating (please specify)
Details about the past tournament
Event name and dates
Motivation to participate in this tournament
Were norms possible?
Do not know
Results and other comments