Please refer to full Criteria and Information for Referrers
on the Cancer Society website.
Reminder: Domain Lodge functions like a motel
• It is not a health care facility and is unsuitable for people who require a high level of care.
• The person must be independently self-caring or able to manage with assistance from their supporter who must be over 18 years old and have good mobility and be able to assist the patient.
• Under the funding regime, only the person undergoing treatment and one support person are eligible to stay.
• Rooms are booked on availability and any requests cannot be guaranteed.
• It is the person’s responsibility to get themselves to and from treatment (a distance of 500 metres over uneven ground).
• Domain Loge must be informed of any known hazards (e.g. police/justice system, infection, aggression, mental health issues) that may pose a safety risk to the person, staff or other guests.
• Patients must live 100kms one way from the treatment centre in order to qualify for NTA funding. If you reside less than 100kms then a supportive care referral must be forwarded to Cancer Society for community nursing support and consideration for accommodation.