Community Covenant and Expectations:
All of our programs are based on the Baptismal Covenant:
We believe in God. We will seek to continue in the Apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of the bread and prayers. We will persevere in resisting evil and whenever we fall into sin will repent and return to Christ. We will proclaim by word and example the Good news of God in Jesus Christ. We will seek and serve Christ in all persons loving our neighbors as ourselves. We will strive for justice and peace among all people and respect the dignity of every human being.
Important things to us in the Episcopal youth community of East Tennessee are:
Encouraging brave and supportive communities open to all.
Relationships between Me and God, Me and Others, and Me and Myself.
Exploring what it means to believe that everyone is beloved of God.
Living into our baptismal covenant and Episcopal identity.
Having a whole lot of fun.
We will be living in community for the duration of the event and as such, we need to agree to some things that will make our life together run smoothly. Please read these expectations and sign at the bottom of the page.
1. Youth are only allowed to sleep or be present in the sleeping units they are assigned to.
2. Do not bring offensive clothing.
3. No inappropriate sexual activity.
4. No alcohol, illegal drugs, marijuana, vapes, tobacco products, fireworks, or weapons are allowed at any time. The event coordinator reserves the right to search belongings at any time.
5. No person is to leave during the event without permission from the event coordinator. (It is the expectation that youth will stay for the entire event.)
6. All medications (prescription and over the counter) will be brought in their original containers and turned into the youth coordinator or nurse upon arrival.
7. Full participation in all events is expected. If one does not feel called to participate at all times their presence and respect is still expected.
8. Cell Phone Policy: Cell phones are allowed during the event at the discretion of the event coordinator. If phone privileges are abused or if phones are determined to be a distraction to the event, phones will be collected and kept in a locked box for the duration of the event. If you need to get in touch with your youth immediately during the event, please call Jody Davis at (865) 771-0797.
9. No Bullying. This includes insults, harassment for any reason. We respect the dignity of every human being.
By signing below I agree that these are reasonable expectations and believe that I can to live up to them. If I choose to violate the rules set for the event, I understand that there will be consequences, which may include being asked to leave the event.*